NCsoxfan

Joc Pederson: 💤💤​​​​​​​💤​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

I'm not sure I would bet on a guy like Max Muncy repeating the year he had last year. Also, Hernandez is more of a bench player himself than a starter.

Pederson is definitely expendable if they hold onto Verdugo, which at this point it sure seems they are.  The Pollock move doesn't make a ton of sense if they were married to Joc.  Now...that doesn't mean they'll just give him away for Aaron Bummer.  

LF: Verdugo

CF: Pollock

RF: Bellinger

3B: Turner

SS: Seager

2B: Taylor

1B: Muncy

Supersub: Hernandez

21 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Pederson is definitely expendable if they hold onto Verdugo, which at this point it sure seems they are.  The Pollock move doesn't make a ton of sense if they were married to Joc.  Now...that doesn't mean they'll just give him away for Aaron Bummer.  

LF: Verdugo

CF: Pollock

RF: Bellinger

3B: Turner

SS: Seager

2B: Taylor

1B: Muncy

Supersub: Hernandez

While this is true, wouldn't it make more sense for them to keep Pederson and use Verdugo as the centerpiece in a trade for a guy like Kluber?

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

While this is true, wouldn't it make more sense for them to keep Pederson and use Verdugo as the centerpiece in a trade for a guy like Kluber?

Right. If Verdugo has an option left, I'd imagine he would just go to the minors and be used as a trade chip for a starter in the summer time.

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Potentially yah.  But if that trade was going to happen, why didn't it happen in the offseason?  I don't see the Indians trading Kluber midseason.  But yah, Verdugo could definitely be used to get a starter.  

That being said, the Dodgers aren't exactly short on SP. Kershaw, Buehler, Ryu, Hill, Maeda, Urias, Stripling....I don't think they really need to trade a young stud OF for a SP right now.