Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

I will be very upset if there's anything of true value going back to the Dodgers here.Β 

We have no reason to trade for Joc... he's a FA in 2 years (we aren't going to realistically compete this year), we have a to nof OFrs coming up in the future and actually right now. I also want us to go for Harper (even tho, un realistic).Β 

Sure, I'd love Joc on the team, a young guy that hits the hell out of the ball. But his flaws are enormous.Β 

If we are also taking on Hill's Salary it should basically be Pederson+Hill for free, which I think makes a lot of sense for both sides considering the Dodgers can then easily sign Pollock which is a great move for them.Β 

Edited by iWiN4PreP

For some reason Rutherford seems like a Dodgers kind of player. I'd actually hate to lose him. While he doesn't have the ceiling of any of the other OF prospects, he's probably the most likely one to be an MLB regular (obviously aside from Eloy). There's a ton of fail potential for Robert, Adolfo and Basabe.Β 

17 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

Are we hearing ourselves?? We want the Sox to spend 250 plus but dont trade an 18 year old.. seriously? Stop...bryce Bush could be cortney Hawkins. You have an established major league but were afraid to part with kelly leak

There is a much better chance that Bush is Hawkins than Tatis, and this is coming from someone who is excited about that pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

Would Rutherford be too much? I tend to think I'd rather keep Basabe over him and eventually end up with Eloy, Robert Basabe as the outfield once pederson would move on in 2021

I’ve always envisioned an outfield of Eloy, Robert, and Gonzalez in 2021, with Basabe as the 4th outfielder. But I’m admittedly higher on Gonzalez than most.Β 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

Are we hearing ourselves?? We want the Sox to spend 250 plus but dont trade an 18 year old.. seriously? Stop...bryce Bush could be cortney Hawkins. You have an established major league but were afraid to part with kelly leak

I mean, I could impart this logic on every terrible trade Sox made from 2010-16. The reason most want to buy Machado is because it strictly adds talent, this trades for talent and one we’d only control short term.Β 

I say this even though I’m broadly favorable toward acquiring Pederson.

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I’ve always envisioned an outfield of Eloy, Robert, and Gonzalez in 2021, with Basabe as the 4th outfielder. But I’m admittedly higher on Gonzalez than most.Β 

Gonzalez is a very solid player. I would not be surprised at all if he’s a starter in CF or RF in a few years.Β 

5 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Basabe, Robert,Β  Gonzalez in the outfield and Eloy @ DH/LF/RF in 2021?Β  Adolfo as 4th?

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

I hope Eloy can stick in the field. That is perennial all Star corner potential. Collins or Burger can be DH and trade others for pitching.

I can see using some chipsΒ for pitching, however if that's the 5 outfielders the Sox are using in 2021, that means they weren't needed for trades and our pitchers are good enough without needing to trade for one.Β  I like that future hehe.

45 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

There is really no reason to give up on players like Bush.

27 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Gonzalez has a nice profile. No star tools, but no real weaknesses either.Β 

outside of Eloy, he would be the prospect I would say had the best consistent quality of at bats out of all the prospects I watched last year (on the Sox).

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Wonder if Yolmer is being discussed as a trade piece.

If we land Machado, Yolmer suddenly become an expensive reserve infielder with three guys locked in ahead of him across the diamond. Β Would rather go cheap with Rondon in that role (who can platoon with Alonso) and use the money elsewhere.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

The problem with moving Bush is that he’s notΒ going to be a centerpiece of a trade, so it’s not as if you’re cashing in on him. Β I feel like GMs have been smarter about giving up lottery tickets with actual upside for that very reason.

I'm disapointed that Hill isn't part of the trade. If this was a salary dump + we got pederson it makes a good deal of sense.

If it's just a trade for pederson I'm expecting we will have to give up something more, in that case, I have no logical reason why the W'sox want to do the trade unless their just giving up bummer/fulmer or something.

• Heads22 changed the title to JocTalk.com - Waiting......