FS Rankings Week: the Just Missed prospects

NorthSideSox72

This is Rankings Week for FutureSox! Here is the list of events:

• TUE: Just Missed
  • WED: Prospects #16-30 with capsules
  • THUR: FULL TOP 30 LIST with capsules for #1-15
  • FRI: Writer Roundtable (personal highs and lows)

So let's start with the prospects who Just Missed the Top 30. Any names surprise you here?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yesterday333 said:

Did Romy Gonzalez get considered for the just missed? He was one of the many bats that impressed in Great Falls. I find him very interesting because he was a 3b in college and is now a CF who seems to have some power. When I saw him, he made consistent hard contact.

He was not among those seriously considered. He's on my radar personally, based on scouting reports from collegiate leagues and his power potential, but he's not TOp 30 material (at least not right now anyway). The numbers in Great Falls are more of a "that's what I would expect" thing, especially in the PIO.

23 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Guessing Sosa made the top 30. Sox have an interesting IF bunch in him, Curbelo, Delgado, and Nunez.

Personally, I'm all aboard the Sosa train this year.  I really hoping for a big step forward this year in what is hopefully his first taste of a full season team. 

I’m going to guess these will be the guys in the 16 to 30 range:

• RH Pitcher (6): Ian Hamilton, Tyler Johnson, Jordan Stephens, Jimmy Lambert, Jonathon Stiever, Spencer Adams
  • LH Pitcher (3): Kodi Medeiros, Konner Pilkington, Bernardo Flores
  • Corner Infield (2): Gavin Sheets, Bryce Bush
  • Middle Infield (3): Laz Rivera, Luis Curbelo, Lenyn Sosa
  • Catcher (1): Seby Zavala
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

• RH Pitcher (6): Ian Hamilton, Tyler Johnson, Jordan Stephens, Jimmy Lambert, Jonathon Stiever, Spencer Adams

GTFO

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Well, he nailed it.

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Surprised Burdi is still Top 15.   Also can’t believe Adams is still clinging to life. And Fulmer’s ineligible, yes?

Finally, the selections of Call, Fisher and Sheets haven’t exactly set the world on fire.

29 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Surprised Burdi is still Top 15.   Also can’t believe Adams is still clinging to life. And Fulmer’s ineligible, yes?

Finally, the selections of Call, Fisher and Sheets haven’t exactly set the world on fire.

What in the world does Alex Call have to do with the org anymore? He was traded for Alonso?

Fisher was a fourth round pick who ended up not being much but no one has put stock in him in years.

Sheets still has plenty of potential and does everything right except in game power. Considering how you pimped Keon Barnum for two years based on one monstrous home run, I'm not shocked that his complete inverse is meaningless to you.

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

What in the world does Alex Call have to do with the org anymore? He was traded for Alonso?

Fisher was a fourth round pick who ended up not being much but no one has put stock in him in years.

Sheets still has plenty of potential and does everything right except in game power. Considering how you pimped Keon Barnum for two years based on one monstrous home run, I'm not shocked that his complete inverse is meaningless to you.

Ummm...I don’t recall ever projecting Barnum as much of anything, because we suck with high school players...Trey M was the other from that group that was overhyped.

I know he was traded, but his value was somewhere between Fulmer and Engel by that point.