American Family Insurance Park?

ChiSox59

3 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

to be fair, it is just a name change from one corporate sponsorship to another corporate sponsorship. It's not like it's Soldier Field having a name change.

Yeah but Miller is a Milwaukee business, so it makes sense. And is a cool name, like Coors Field and Busch Stadium. 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

Well they are named after beer, so it makes sense with Miller. AFI only makes it tough to get the money you need. 

True. somehow missed that connection. my brain is mush. at least its not called Milwaukee county stadium and doesn't look like Milwaukee county stadium.. that place was a dump

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

In another chapter of the terrible ballpark name changes, Miller Park will be called American Family Insurance Park beginning in the 2021 season.

Awful.  

Based in Madison last I heard. You will have to get used to it but I was hoping for PBR Park. 

6 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yeah but Miller is a Milwaukee business, so it makes sense. And is a cool name, like Coors Field and Busch Stadium. 

Even better because it definitely connects with the team's nickname.

Though I guess indirectly but based on the marketing, Coors does the same with the Rockies.

Even when the G Spot was Comiskey, maybe half of fans just called it Sox Park. I'm not going to say "Guaranteed Rate Field" in casual conversation, just like I'm not going to say "PlayStation Fiesta Bowl." Nobody not being paid to a network broadcasting live sports says "Mercedes Benz Superdome." Call it Sox Park and everybody knows what you're talking about. But do Brewers fans have a secondary name for their stadium? Brewers Park? It's always been Miller. I'm sure street vendors will sell loads of "I still call it Miller Park" shirts, but other than that, I wonder how Brewers fans will take to the name change. Maybe they'll just say "going to the Am Fam." That's the problem with the newer stadiums, they don't have an old name that people can use by default.

8 hours ago, Roughneck said:

Even when the G Spot was Comiskey, maybe half of fans just called it Sox Park. I'm not going to say "Guaranteed Rate Field" in casual conversation, just like I'm not going to say "PlayStation Fiesta Bowl." Nobody not being paid to a network broadcasting live sports says "Mercedes Benz Superdome." Call it Sox Park and everybody knows what you're talking about. But do Brewers fans have a secondary name for their stadium? Brewers Park? It's always been Miller. I'm sure street vendors will sell loads of "I still call it Miller Park" shirts, but other than that, I wonder how Brewers fans will take to the name change. Maybe they'll just say "going to the Am Fam." That's the problem with the newer stadiums, they don't have an old name that people can use by default.

People called it Sox Park because that was the official name for the first few years, and again from the early 60's to mid 70's it wasn't always officially Comiskey.