Top 30 White Sox Prospects, Preseason 2019 - FULL LIST (FutureSox)

NorthSideSox72

Nice list, going to beat a dead horse, there was a frustrating lack of exciting upward movement in those lists, with the down trends more noticeable.

The two additions to this list (that I remember) are Madrigal and Walker, the top two picks of a team that picked 4th overall, with walker especially basically there because of draft positioning.

Really need either the maturity of some of the 15-30 prospects to manifest in monster numbers this year and work into the top 15 (especially pitchers!) or some of the raw tools of some of the younger guys (sosa, bush, nunez, delgado, weaver, maldanado, curbelo) finally vaulting them forward as more than just potential.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Nice list, going to beat a dead horse, there was a frustrating lack of exciting upward movement in those lists, with the down trends more noticeable.

The two additions to this list (that I remember) are Madrigal and Walker, the top two picks of a team that picked 4th overall, with walker especially basically there because of draft positioning.

Really need either the maturity of some of the 15-30 prospects to manifest in monster numbers this year and work into the top 15 (especially pitchers!) or some of the raw tools of some of the younger guys (sosa, bush, nunez, delgado, weaver, maldanado, curbelo) finally vaulting them forward as more than just potential.

There wasn't a lot of upward movement among the top 10 or 15, but that is common. Cease and Adolfo did make leaps, FWIW.

Injuries were a killer. So many of these names had injury issues in 2018.

I think the Mid-season list in July or August will show a lot of turnover as a bunch of these guys will graduate, there will be a new draft and new J2 period, any July trades, 2018 draftees getting to full season ball, and guys like Burger, Dunning, Lambert, Adolfo, Burdi, Hansen and more come back from those injuries.

31 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

There wasn't a lot of upward movement among the top 10 or 15, but that is common. Cease and Adolfo did make leaps, FWIW.

Injuries were a killer. So many of these names had injury issues in 2018.

I think the Mid-season list in July or August will show a lot of turnover as a bunch of these guys will graduate, there will be a new draft and new J2 period, any July trades, 2018 draftees getting to full season ball, and guys like Burger, Dunning, Lambert, Adolfo, Burdi, Hansen and more come back from those injuries.

But I don't just want to see movement by default, I want the next group in the 5-15 to be as good as this group was in the 5-15, and that is entirely possible considering the draft positioning, focus and resources that the sox should have.

1 hour ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

I honestly don't see a typo here. What am I missing?

LMAO I just noticed that he's actually snacking on it. At first glance it looked like he was just holding it up in the air and intended to smack the glove based on the photographers observations. 

Jokes on me! 😂

Edited by South Sider

17 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Burger snacks on his glove

4 minutes ago, South Sider said:

LMAO I just noticed that he's actually snacking on it. At first glance it looked like he was just holding it up in the air and intended to smack the glove based on the photographers observations. 

Jokes on me! 😂

There it is! Literally he is chewing on his glove, one of the little leather ties that stick out. I've actually done the same thing.

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Excellent list / write-up!  Honestly, your rankings are quickly becoming best in class, outdoing the big name publications by wide margin IMO.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I always look forward to these rankings and only notionally look at the rest. There is so much more in person research and thought done here. Literally it would take an employee of the White Sox to be able to offer any more information than what FutureSox does.

Thanks both of you! Really glad to hear that.

Great list!  I’d switch Gonzalez and Basabe and maybe even move Rutherford ahead of him.  I also think Collins continues to be underrated-yes he’ll probably never have a pretty BA or win a gold glove but the power and OBP more than make up for that at a premium position.  

For this upcoming year I expect Bryce Bush to rocket up the list.  Hopefully Alec Hansen will bounce back and do the same, and if Gavin sheets can find even a moderate amount of power he could easily get into next years top 10. 

3 hours ago, Dizzy Sox said:

Great list!  I’d switch Gonzalez and Basabe and maybe even move Rutherford ahead of him.  I also think Collins continues to be underrated-yes he’ll probably never have a pretty BA or win a gold glove but the power and OBP more than make up for that at a premium position.  

For this upcoming year I expect Bryce Bush to rocket up the list.  Hopefully Alec Hansen will bounce back and do the same, and if Gavin sheets can find even a moderate amount power he could easily get into next years top 10. 

I don't think he should be anywhere near the Top 15 after the year he had.

23 hours ago, oldsox said:

I don't think he should be anywhere near the Top 15 after the year he had.

His 2016-2017 performance showed a ceiling so high he made some top 100 lists. He had a horrible 2018, but you absolutely keep betting on a guy like him. I feel like the 12 we have him may be a little too low. You just don't give up on that level of talent that quickly.