Dodgers Sign AJ Pollock, 4 years $55 million

bmags

I think it is a head nod to the difficulty of the harpchado negotiations. 

Contracts have been turned on their heads the last two years as agents worked to squeeze more money out of players that performed while guaranteeing the highest possible floor on market. It's incredibly difficult to even say so and so is signed for 4 for 50, because it's like a choose your own adventure contract.

• Like 1

I can see why Pollock might have signed this deal.  

Same total money that most predicted for him.  Gets to play in LA.  Gets to compete for titles.  Likely won't even be able to walk by the time the extra year he has to give them comes around. 

32 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

5 years and $60M is super interesting.  obviously longer than what everyone wants, but I was thinking he'd get closer to Cutch's 3 years $50M.  I'd definitely take the extra 2 years and $10M. 

No doubt.  I was not his biggest fan because of injury risk, but if those are the numbers, wow, that is a bargain for his talent.

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I agree, it's been mentioned so many times you would think people would spend the extra half a second to notice. Yet here we are. :huh

No, I'm saying pointing it out is stupid. Everyone knows who everyone is talking about, it is a pain to edit on the phone, and it quite literally changes it from what people originally typed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1