ChiBeria 2019

LittleHurt05

2 hours ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Damn I hate winter. More and more every year. Chicago is so great in the summer and so horrible in the winter. I gotta get outta here at some point before I die.

100% this. If i'm going to be stuck in the snow/cold weather, at least give me a mountain to look at, not a cement jungle.

I love what this city has to offer, but it has the absolute worst weather imaginable. Unbearable in the winter, unbearable in the summer. We get about 4 total weeks of perfect weather out of the entire year.

I think my biggest pet peeve is the massive drop in temperatures after every measurable snowfall.  I hear about a city like Denver where it snows a bunch, then two days later it's in the 50s or 60s.  Here you get some snow, you can enjoy it for 24 hours, then it's unbearably cold for the next week, every freaking time.  Then it takes two months to melt too.

Don't worry, it will warm up Super Bowl Sunday. My co-worker had some Southwest vouchers he couldn't use, so he gave them to me, and I am heading to South Florida Super Bowl Sunday with 3 buddies for 5 days. All we had to pay for our roundtrip flights  was $40 in tax. But since I am going, no way it doesn't warm up nicely here. You are all welcome.

47 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Don't worry, it will warm up Super Bowl Sunday. My co-worker had some Southwest vouchers he couldn't use, so he gave them to me, and I am heading to South Florida Super Bowl Sunday with 3 buddies for 5 days. All we had to pay for our roundtrip flights  was $40 in tax. But since I am going, no way it doesn't warm up nicely here. You are all welcome.

Are 2 of your buddies named Yonder and Jon?  Is this a business trip to woo a Mr. Machado? 😆

11 hours ago, Jenksismyhero said:

100% this. If i'm going to be stuck in the snow/cold weather, at least give me a mountain to look at, not a cement jungle.

I love what this city has to offer, but it has the absolute worst weather imaginable. Unbearable in the winter, unbearable in the summer. We get about 4 total weeks of perfect weather out of the entire year.

I prefer winters in Chicago to winters in NZ.

On 1/25/2019 at 6:52 AM, joejoedairy said:

We are planning to move to Portland later this year. I just checked the weather there and its in the upper 40s. 

Sounding pretty good right now

Just moved here a year ago, yeah it rains from Nov-May but it's perfect all summer. sunny and 50º today

• Thanks 1