ChiBeria 2019

LittleHurt05

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

Anyone else having wifi outages at home? Can’t even work from home right now might have to go to Starbucks but their phones are down so I’m not sure they’re open. 

Is Starbucks even open? I know a lot of places in the loop are closed today (can't confirm myself but heard from others talking about it on the train home last night).

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

Anyone else having wifi outages at home? Can’t even work from home right now might have to go to Starbucks but their phones are down so I’m not sure they’re open. 

Yeah our WiFi has gone out a couple times but come back on thankfully. Not sure how long it’s going to last since it’s only going to get colder. 

45 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Is Starbucks even open? I know a lot of places in the loop are closed today (can't confirm myself but heard from others talking about it on the train home last night).

41 minutes ago, shipps said:

Yeah our WiFi has gone out a couple times but come back on thankfully. Not sure how long it’s going to last since it’s only going to get colder. 

Starbucks is open and Comcast has an outage til 4 where I am at. Far from ideal. 

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

Starbucks is open and Comcast has an outage til 4 where I am at. Far from ideal. 

Unless the work is super urgent, I'd hope you would get a pass on today just because of the conditions. IMO no one should really have to go to a Starbucks as a last resort for work, unless it actually cannot wait.

Stay warm buddy. 

1 hour ago, South Sider said:

Unless the work is super urgent, I'd hope you would get a pass on today just because of the conditions. IMO no one should really have to go to a Starbucks as a last resort for work, unless it actually cannot wait.

Stay warm buddy. 

In my line of work there are no excuses in January. Stuff has to get done.

Be safe out there everyone!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shipps said:

Did anyone else hear the haunting sounds of your house contracting through the night? Boom after boom. Crazy. 

5 hours ago, ptatc said:

I did. Ran to make sure it wasn't  a water pipe bursting.

Big time. My wife woke me up at one point because she thought the roof was going to cave in.

3 hours ago, Bazox said:

Hey guys how's it going , you are making the news over here , no mention of any other places just Chicago , is it 25 degrees outside the city limits or something ?

We almost got to that part of the temperature chart where Celsius and Fahrenheit match up.

• Haha 2

On 2/1/2019 at 2:08 PM, LittleHurt05 said:

We almost got to that part of the temperature chart where Celsius and Fahrenheit match up.

Had to look that up , minus 40 🤧

Edited by Bazox