Anybody else already miss Hawk?

ron883

1 minute ago, EvilJester99 said:

Not in the least. 

Same. I tried giving Hawk a chance in the home opener last year, but had to mute him like half an inning in. I prefer broadcasters who attempt to make their viewers smarter about the game, but I understand each person is looking for something different.

Hawk of the 90s and early 00s sure, recent Hawk not a chance.  I'm a big fan of Bennetti and I think the overall broadcast will improve with the influx of talent that's coming (and potentially coming via signings).  Won't have to fill dead time of out-of-it beatdown August games with crap for much longer.

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Speaking of Nostalgia, does anyone else think the making good with Ozzie is a sign he might manage the team again? I think i if Renteria gets whacked Ozzie might be back. 

No. He violated every single possible level of trust on his way out. He can be honored by the organization for what he did in his career but he will never manage my team again. I am struggling to think of anyone who burned a bridge that badly on the way out since maybe David Wells. I would feel utterly betrayed by any White Sox GM that hired him. 

Absolutely gonna miss him and am still baffled by the hate he's gotten by Sox fans.

Hawk, to me, is like your favorite song from your childhood. It never gets old no matter how many times you hear it. Hearing the same ol hawkisms is like those lyrics you belt out every single time and still get the chills. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

No. He violated every single possible level of trust on his way out. He can be honored by the organization for what he did in his career but he will never manage my team again. I am struggling to think of anyone who burned a bridge that badly on the way out since maybe David Wells. I would feel utterly betrayed by any White Sox GM that hired him. 

This is a bit dramatic.

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't really disagree, but you can't doubt he'd be a great manager for this team. I always said he burned that bridge and pissed on the ashes. 

2 minutes ago, KiwiSox said:

This is a bit dramatic.

Dramatic is the punishment ceremony I want for Rick Hahn after his 2016 season, where the last surviving White Sox fans are wearing cloaks and carrying torches and he is tied up with us surrounding him, we light a moat of oil on fire around him slowly chanting let's go go go white sox as the fires approach.

30 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Speaking of Nostalgia, does anyone else think the making good with Ozzie is a sign he might manage the team again? I think i if Renteria gets whacked Ozzie might be back. 

I sure as shit hope not.  I don't pine for the days of "Ozzie-ball" and Ozzie's Sunday lineup. 

To summarize this thread: Hawk great; Ozzie great.

Ozzie will never ever manage again. The country is way way way too P.C. now. Nobody in their right mind would take a chance on him. That said ... I worship Oz in a non religious sorta way. An all-time fave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

To summarize this thread: Hawk great; Ozzie great.

Ozzie will never ever manage again. The country is way way way too P.C. now. Nobody in their right mind would take a chance on him. That said ... I worship Oz in a non religious sorta way. An all-time fave.

As has been said before, replace the phrase "too PC" with "treating people who are different with you with respect" and you will understand why Greg is so outraged by this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1