Renovations to Ballpark

Mr. Showtime

mp7qppnx43tigxrf6dcmwrtwxbvxoka

https://www.nwherald.com/2019/01/25/white-sox-goose-island-revamp-two-outfield-sections-at-guaranteed-rate-field/ah0cnxy/

The White Sox and Goose Island Beer Co. are revamping two sections at Guaranteed Rate Field for the 2019 season, according a rendering and an email obtained by the Northwest Herald.

Sections 106 and 107 in right field at the South Side ballpark are being rebuilt in cooperation with Goose Island, the official craft beer partner of the Sox.

The Sox have not officially announced the changes yet but have informed season ticket holders in those sections.

The area will feature three rows of premium, leather seating with armrests and cup holders. Those seats also will have access to waiters. One such row will be at field level. These seats also will include a small TV and charging ports for mobile devices.

An additional row – aligned with the front row of section 105 next to it – will feature wide, padded seats and access to a waiter.

This section will be money, especially if the team goes on a run and the place starts filling up.  Many of us have grown accustom to plenty of space and clear sight lines.  It isn't quite as enjoyable of an experience at the park with a 300 pounder 108ing in your lap.  

10 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Yeah this seems like the end of the bullpen sports bar. Lame if so.

Yup, and a damn shame. For about 4 years now, my buddy and I have gotten a ticket plan with the $7 cheap seats, then we pay the $15 upgrade to sit on the upper level of the bullpen bar where we had our own table, and server. It was a great way to enjoy a game for $22. 

And now that's gone. :(

4 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Yup, and a damn shame. For about 4 years now, my buddy and I have gotten a ticket plan with the $7 cheap seats, then we pay the $15 upgrade to sit on the upper level of the bullpen bar where we had our own table, and server. It was a great way to enjoy a game for $22. 

I just hope they don't get rid of the $1 hot dog Wednesday's any time soon. I take advantage of those as much as I possibly can.

7 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Imo they should renovate more for the new rebuild era. They should alter the outfield wall dimensions and change the overall aesthetic behind the outfield walls. We have one of the dullest looking parks in the majors.

Idk, I kinda like our park. It's definitely better than when they first opened it.

• Like 1

Not great for die-hard fans, but honestly could see this doing pretty well for sox overall. Already had some friends (that are not sox fans) text interest in going (at this point I am the only sox fan that anyone knows apparently)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2019 at 10:51 PM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Ticket prices are out, and for most games it's only a few dollars more than the $22 you paid. In the end it's nearly the same thing, just a little higher up and with way more availability. 

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/tickets/pricing

3 hours ago, soxfan18 said:

Ticket prices are out, and for most games it's only a few dollars more than the $22 you paid. In the end it's nearly the same thing, just a little higher up and with way more availability. 

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/tickets/pricing

Yeah, basically 20-30 rows farther back, and no table, and not a decision we can make after we already have tickets for the game. But it is weird to me that those tickets are cheaper than bleacher and OF reserved tickets. I will definitely try a game there, but I doubt we will get our 10 game plan there.

9 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Yeah, basically 20-30 rows farther back, and no table, and not a decision we can make after we already have tickets for the game. But it is weird to me that those tickets are cheaper than bleacher and OF reserved tickets. I will definitely try a game there, but I doubt we will get our 10 game plan there.

There's a bar counter for your food/drink and a cushioned chair, that's way better than sitting at an aluminum picnic table IMO. That would hurt my ass after 3+ hours. 

2 minutes ago, soxfan18 said:

There's a bar counter for your food/drink and a cushioned chair, that's way better than sitting at an aluminum picnic table IMO. That would hurt my ass after 3+ hours. 

Are all the seats in the entire section cushioned with a counter? I thought that was just the front part of the section? 

EDIT: Ok, I can see the counter now in the graphic. Hmmm.....interesting.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 8:10 AM, RTC said:

Does this mean Goose/AB is taking over all the beer around the park?  I sure hope not.

AB already took over beer around the park. They have a lot of craft options though (including many goose island ones). The craft cave is staying from what I read, it's just going to be called the goose island craft cave now. 

On 1/26/2019 at 10:56 PM, Whitesox27 said:

I just hope they don't get rid of the $1 hot dog Wednesday's any time soon. I take advantage of those as much as I possibly can.

Dollar dogs are my only meal of the week outside of the mission.