What is the ceiling for Manny Banuelos?

vilehoopster

I think Banuelos is a bit different than most reclamation projects.  For one, we actually traded for him despite the fact he would have been a minor league free agent.  Given that our organization has one of the largest scouting departments in the majors, these are the types of signings that should theoretically pay dividends in the long-run.  Guess we’ll have to see if zagging when everyone else is zagging works out here.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, bmags said:

My personal opinion is Covey has higher upside.

I don't necessarily disagree with this. When he is on, he has flashes of a very high ceiling. There was a stretch of about 5 starts last year when people were trying to convince themselves that Covey had turned a corner and was about to be Corey Kluber. 

On 1/30/2019 at 6:07 AM, oneofthemikes said:

I don't necessarily disagree with this. When he is on, he has flashes of a very high ceiling. There was a stretch of about 5 starts last year when people were trying to convince themselves that Covey had turned a corner and was about to be Corey Kluber. 

Covey Kluber

• Like 1

We should get a good clue about Manuel B in April since he has to make the team in order to stay with the Sox.  That one scout really went to bat for him. Hopefully will not remind anyone of Felipe Paulino.