FS: Review of how the dozen White Sox did in various Winter Leagues

NorthSideSox72

There were 12 White Sox players, generally minor leaguers, who played in the various Winter Leagues (five of them in fact). Here's a look at how each of them performed in warmer climes while we've been freezing our asses off. This is the second article from one of FS' new writers, Mike Rankin (he is Rankin on SoxTalk).

2 hours ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

There were 12 White Sox players, generally minor leaguers, who played in the various Winter Leagues (five of them in fact). Here's a look at how each of them performed in warmer climes while we've been freezing our asses off. This is the second article from one of FS' new writers, Mike Rankin (he is Rankin on SoxTalk).

Thanks! Other than Eloy, who do you think are the top 1 or 2 guys to watch from that group?

54 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Thanks! Other than Eloy, who do you think are the top 1 or 2 guys to watch from that group?

Well there's two groups of players. One are the already-played-MLB ones - Delgado, Rondon, Marshall - but I assume that's not who you mean.

Among those still technically prospects, I'd say RHP Felix Paulino (read more about him here) is the pitcher to watch, though I also have a soft spot for LHP Kevin Escorcia because he has the most wicked curveball in the system (he doesn't have much else). On the hitting side, if Alfaro could every hit just a little bit, he gets interesting with his work behind the plate.

3 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Well there's two groups of players. One are the already-played-MLB ones - Delgado, Rondon, Marshall - but I assume that's not who you mean.

Among those still technically prospects, I'd say RHP Felix Paulino (read more about him here) is the pitcher to watch, though I also have a soft spot for LHP Kevin Escorcia because he has the most wicked curveball in the system (he doesn't have much else). On the hitting side, if Alfaro could every hit just a little bit, he gets interesting with his work behind the plate.

Yeah, sorry that I didn’t specify, but you’re right that I was talking about the “prospects”. I appreciate the info. And thanks for the Paulino link.