Morrisey - If MLB isn’t careful, it will die by its own boring

kitekrazy

Baseball should play a few day/night doubleheaders to help cut a week off the schedule and still get the revenue.

I've been thinking about this more and more: I betcha after this season baseball outlaws the shift. I think they'll have a designated amount of feet allowed between traditional areas of fielders. The shift is really really killing baseball. It's ugly to watch and it's very very annoying when it works. It brings out anger/angst in fans who for the life of them are incensed players are unwilling to hit or bunt the ball during the areas of the shift where it'd be impossible for the defense to record an out.

It makes you think the ballplayer is soooo selfish in trying to pull a home run, instead hit a smash to the rightfielder who easily throws him out.

The shift must go and I think it will.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 12:24 PM, kitekrazy said:

When I was a kid WGN had Ray Rainer in the morning, Bozo during lunch, and the Cubs after school.  That exposed kids to baseball.

There has never been a more true statement, I even used to watch the kids. Bozo Buckets? I mean, come-on, amazing. Then flip to channel 32 for Emergency, the Munster's and the Courtship of Eddie's Father.