Jump to content
35thstreetswarm

Ricketts racist emails

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Wanne said:

don't put fuckin words in my mouth.  I'm thinking some old man (regardless who he is) forwards some goofy ass chain emails I should be offended? I'm thinking meh is what I'm thinking.

Racist = goofy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Might as well shut down this thread. An article about horrible statements made by the Cubs owner is getting defended on a White Sox board. 

I guess racist emails are cool if the guy is a big donor.

Literally nobody is defending it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imo, the Ricketts should have to sell and the league should liquidate the team for cash. 

 

Tough. But fair.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

Literally nobody is defending it here.

Lol its been defended like 15 times on the first page. "Goofy," just an "old man," nothing to be outraged about... just chain emails yada yada. 

People comparing this to Jerry's dad lol when ricketts dad money is literally how they own the team and the Cubs have their push for Sinclair on their network.

Anyone who is trying to marginalize this as not a big deal are the same people who fuel racism by excusing and making excuses for why it's not a big deal.

The Ricketts family is trash... whether they own the Cubs or not.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol its been defended like 15 times on the first page. "Goofy," just an "old man," nothing to be outraged about... just chain emails yada yada. 

People comparing this to Jerry's dad lol when ricketts dad money is literally how they own the team and the Cubs have their push for Sinclair on their network.

Anyone who is trying to marginalize this as not a big deal are the same people who fuel racism by excusing and making excuses for why it's not a big deal.

The Ricketts family is trash... whether they own the Cubs or not.

All of those things are accurate and none of them are defending it. An old asshole forwarding chainmail and conspiracies is pretty much what we have. Not diminishing it to say that. It doesn't directly relate to the Cubs. The family trust purchased the team and his children run it. If these were emails directly from Tom, that would be an entirely different story. And this has literally nothing to do with Sinclair, other than "I don't like this story, and I also don't like Sinclair."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Roughneck said:

All of those things are accurate and none of them are defending it. An old asshole forwarding chainmail and conspiracies is pretty much what we have. Not diminishing it to say that. It doesn't directly relate to the Cubs. The family trust purchased the team and his children run it. If these were emails directly from Tom, that would be an entirely different story. And this has literally nothing to do with Sinclair, other than "I don't like this story, and I also don't like Sinclair."

Lol Joe sold 430 million dollars in Ameritrade stock to put up the equity in the Cubs. Claiming that Joe Ricketts has nothing to do with buying the Cubs is horribly wrong and misleading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Do not agree with/am offended by the content of the emails this guy sent. 

But

2. Being a dick is not a crime. 

So

3. Theres really nothing to do here. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These types of subjects on message boards is what I live for! it quickly gives me an insight of how un/reasonable people are.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

These types of subjects on message boards is what I live for! it quickly gives me an insight of how un/reasonable people are.

 

Oh man, someone supporting a racist by calling those who don't unreasonable. 

It's Joe Ricketts lack of tolerance that led to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Wanne said:

don't put fuckin words in my mouth.  I'm thinking some old man (regardless who he is) forwards some goofy ass chain emails I should be offended? I'm thinking meh is what I'm thinking.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately a rich old white guy being racist is extremely unsurprising. The world will be a better place when more and more people like Ricketts die off.

 

Until then the MLB should separate him AND his $ from the league. And if his poor son can’t finance the team without Daddy’s $, then too bad. I’m sure you won’t find racist emails from Mark Cuban, but he’s “not the type of owner the league wants” 🙄

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

1. Do not agree with/am offended by the content of the emails this guy sent. 

But

2. Being a dick is not a crime. 

So

3. Theres really nothing to do here. 

Depends on if the league thinks he is the best fit to represent them. I don't imagine anything will happen here, simply because there isn't any egregious behavior beyond the racism a la Don Sterling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Oh man, someone supporting a racist by calling those who don't unreasonable. 

It's Joe Ricketts lack of tolerance that led to this. 

Yes. I am pro racism. That's what I said in my post.

You've joined my mute list. Welcome.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrianAnderson said:

Yes. I am pro racism. That's what I said in my post.

You've joined my mute list. Welcome.

You've made horrible post after horrible post in this thread. Comparing this to Jerry's dad and other irrelevant nonsense.

You said this has nothing to do with the Cubs when Joe is literally the reason they bought the team - it was his equity. 

Then you excuse it all by saying hes just an old guy and that's what old people do.... while also claiming that just because Joe is an old racist it doesn't mean Tom is... despite Tom heading down the same political path while making a push for Sinclair with the Cubs network.

Theres no excuse for mlb to have allowed an old pos bigot to fund the purchase of one of their biggest franchises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mqr said:

Jerry didn't buy the Sox with his daddy's money

The proper comparison would be if someone like Eddie Einhorn would've said something like this. He wasn't the face of the franchise and wasn't involved in the day to day operations but he had a financial stake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Iwritecode said:

The proper comparison would be if someone like Eddie Einhorn would've said something like this. He wasn't the face of the franchise and wasn't involved in the day to day operations but he had a financial stake.

I was going to make this comparison but was unsure of Eddie's involvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Unfortunately a rich old white guy being racist is extremely unsurprising. The world will be a better place when more and more people like Ricketts die off.

 

Until then the MLB should separate him AND his $ from the league. And if his poor son can’t finance the team without Daddy’s $, then too bad. I’m sure you won’t find racist emails from Mark Cuban, but he’s “not the type of owner the league wants” 🙄

Wait, so people who have goofy, offensive THOUGHTS should die?

I bet you congratulate yourself constantly on how tolerant you are.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Sir said:

Wait, so people who have goofy, offensive THOUGHTS should die?

I bet you congratulate yourself constantly on how tolerant you are.

Why do people continue to call these thoughts goofy? 

These arent goofy thought. His email discusses the genocide of muslims and also takes shots at black people and Mexicans. theres nothing goofy about them.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not support outrage culture in the slightest (and I’m not suggesting that’s happening here), but let’s not use the word “goofy” instead of “racist”.  Whether you think these emails are a big deal or not, let’s not try to purposely soften the clear racist-elements to them by using a softer word like “goofy”.

  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Wait, so people who have goofy, offensive THOUGHTS should die?

I bet you congratulate yourself constantly on how tolerant you are.

Well to be fair, Ricketts was sending around emails that encouraged exactly that of the right racial and religious groups. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why do people continue to call these thoughts goofy? 

These arent goofy thought. His email discusses the genocide of muslims and also takes shots at black people and Mexicans. theres nothing goofy about them.

He didn’t discuss genocide of Muslims. The only thing that comes close to that is the joke about why aren’t there any Iranians on Star Trek, and the punchline is because it’s in the future. That’s a long way off from a discussion of genocide.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wanne said:

don't put fuckin words in my mouth.  I'm thinking some old man (regardless who he is) forwards some goofy ass chain emails I should be offended? I'm thinking meh is what I'm thinking.

I asked you a question, if you were cool with it.

But nowhere did I put words in your mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×