NFL Thread 2019-2020

Packers should have a interesting off season.  Lot's of draft picks and room for free agents(with a GM who seems like he will acknowledge free agency exists).

Vikings and Bears will be limited by what they can do in free agency.  Lions are the Lions.

10 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Packers should have a interesting off season.  Lot's of draft picks and room for free agents(with a GM who seems like he will acknowledge free agency exists).

Vikings and Bears will be limited by what they can do in free agency.  Lions are the Lions.

lol I forgot they hired Darrell Bevell.

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

We'll have the Kareem Hunt hunt

Just looking at it from a straight football standpoint, Hunt doesn't make much sense for the Bears in 2019 assuming that he will face at least a 6 game suspension most likely.  You aren't gonna keep Hunt, Howard, and Cohen on the roster, and if you trade Howard for Hunt, then you are looking at a minimum 6 games with Benny or Mizzell as your top running back.  As much as I love Benny and Nagy loves Mizzell, that's a recipe for disaster.

43 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I like how Jared Goff is not good now because of his bad Super Bowl game. 

That Thursday night game against the Vikings was the most I had ever watched him and he made some of the most incredible throws I've seen last year.  Then he suddenly lost all ability to play QB successfully.  

During the Super Bowl, Romo mentioned that the speaker in the QB's helmet turns off with 15 seconds left on the play clock.  I had never ever knew that before. The Patriots were showing one defense, then would mix it up at the 15 second mark when McVay could no longer communicate with Goff.   Makes you wonder how much if Goff's success is strictly from McVay's game planning.

33 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

That Thursday night game against the Vikings was the most I had ever watched him and he made some of the most incredible throws I've seen last year.  Then he suddenly lost all ability to play QB successfully.  

During the Super Bowl, Romo mentioned that the speaker in the QB's helmet turns off with 15 seconds left on the play clock.  I had never ever knew that before. The Patriots were showing one defense, then would mix it up at the 15 second mark when McVay could no longer communicate with Goff.   Makes you wonder how much if Goff's success is strictly from McVay's game planning.

A few nfl guys that called into the score specifically mentioned that is what Belichick is gonna do, make Goff have to think instead of let McVay feed him the correct call.   It's what the Bears did to him

Those were two really good defenses.  It's not surprising that he struggled against them.  The Patriots defense really came alive in the playoffs.  They gave Mahomes a ton of problems as well.

I think Goff losing Cooper Kupp and whatever happened to Todd Gurley down the stretch really threw him off of what he was doing well.  Gurley has to be dealing with an injury, they keep saying he isn't, but there is no way else to explain how one of most dangerous offense weapons all the sudden looks like an average player.

30 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Those were two really good defenses.  It's not surprising that he struggled against them.  The Patriots defense really came alive in the playoffs.  They gave Mahomes a ton of problems as well.

I think Goff losing Cooper Kupp and whatever happened to Todd Gurley down the stretch really threw him off of what he was doing well.  Gurley has to be dealing with an injury, they keep saying he isn't, but there is no way else to explain how one of most dangerous offense weapons all the sudden looks like an average player.

Patriots may have beaten Mahomes but the guy put up 31 and 40 points against them

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

I have no stats to back me up but it also seemed like the OL took a step back in the 2nd half of the season which really hurt Goff and Gurley. Both rely heavily on the elite protection they had been receiving.

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

In the second half the Rams were staying in the huddle until the mics were shut off as the defense has an open mic until 15 seconds as well. 

22 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Patriots may have beaten Mahomes but the guy put up 31 and 40 points against them

Mahomes had a nice end in that playoff game, but they gave him problems most of the game.  I think he only had 50 some yards in the first half and only completed 50% of his passes total.

40 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Mahomes had a nice end in that playoff game, but they gave him problems most of the game.  I think he only had 50 some yards in the first half and only completed 50% of his passes total.

This is moving the goalposts, mahomes threw three touchdowns and 295 yards with no interceptions and 117 qbr.   If he only threw for 50 yards in the first half then he absolutely torched them in the second half.  Goff didn't even get them one score in the second half 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

This is moving the goalposts, mahomes threw three touchdowns and 295 yards with no interceptions and 117 qbr.   If he only threw for 50 yards in the first half then he absolutely torched them in the second half.  Goff didn't even get them one score in the second half  

He didn't really torch them in the second half either.  Things only opened up in the last 8 minutes in the game. 

I was trying to make the point that the Patriots defense was playing pretty well and that was probably part of why Goff struggled.