NFL Thread 2019-2020

On 2/27/2019 at 3:08 AM, KiwiSox said:

Not particularly uncommon. Had to do it with the Bears lurking.

I also think the 49ers are a little sore about getting absolutely robbed by the Bears in a trade everyone at the time thought was a 49ers win. If it were another team after Gould they'd probably let him walk, but the idea of Trubisky having playoff success haunts them.

wait what trade did the Bears "absolutely rob" the 49ers on?

10 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

😂

He is absolutely correct. Gruden gets such a bad rap but what he is building in Oakland has the potential to be really scary in only a few years. MacKenzie was such a bad drafter, other than Mack and Carr its been really bad.

10 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

I mean they did get something for losing Kirk Cousins.  It was no longer having Kirk Cousins on your team.

I'm really curious how the Raiders use those three first round picks.  I wouldn't rule them out take a kicker or a fullback.

They are going to be aggressive with trades is my guess.

8 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

wait what trade did the Bears "absolutely rob" the 49ers on?

Bears got a franchise QB on a rookie contract while the 49ers are stuck with Solomon Thomas and had to make a separate deal for Jimmy G who is making ludicrous money to be one day hopefully what Trubisky already is.

22 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Jacksonville would never do that. Talent isn't equal. Not even worth discussing. 

I dont know man Fournette has just not been that great at all in Jacksonville. Really I'd rather have Howard overall but they are buying in on Fournette thinking he can realize some of that potential that made him 1.4. And of course they have two more years of Fournette vs. one more year of Howard.

9 hours ago, KiwiSox said:

I dont know man Fournette has just not been that great at all in Jacksonville. Really I'd rather have Howard overall but they are buying in on Fournette thinking he can realize some of that potential that made him 1.4. And of course they have two more years of Fournette vs. one more year of Howard.

fournette is way more expensive than howard and not very good.

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

fournette is way more expensive than howard and not very good.

Aside from the injuries, Fournette hasn't sounded like a model citizen in Jacksonville - maybe a better situation helps, but maybe a bigger city gives him more opportunities for trouble. 

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Aside from the injuries, Fournette hasn't sounded like a model citizen in Jacksonville - maybe a better situation helps, but maybe a bigger city gives him more opportunities for trouble. 

Would you rather have a running back with 8 million of dead cap space and a 6 million dollar cap hit in 2018 and 2019 for 2 years and whose best year had a per carry average only .2 yards better than howard's worst year and whose worst year was injury-riddled and a 3.3 yards per carry...

Or a running back with a 2 million dollar cap hit this year, whose best year averaged 5.2 yards per carry.

Leonard Fournette is a slightly better Trent Richardson, with the same issue that you are paying him to be a super star running back but getting nothing better than you'd find in the 5th round. Bears have a fifth round pick this year, I guarantee they can find equal production.

You make that deal if you are certain you can make Fournette into the player everyone thought he'd be coming out of LSU. If you can do that it's a great trade.

Like I said... Howard is probably the better overall back but these are the types of moves the Bears should at least be investigating.

14 hours ago, KiwiSox said:

Bears got a franchise QB on a rookie contract while the 49ers are stuck with Solomon Thomas and had to make a separate deal for Jimmy G who is making ludicrous money to be one day hopefully what Trubisky already is.

ok but the 49ers could have taken an even better QB pick with the 3rd they got from Chicago (Mahomes), they didn't get "absolutely robbed" because they made poor draft choices with the picks.

3 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

ok but the 49ers could have taken an even better QB pick with the 3rd they got from Chicago (Mahomes), they didn't get "absolutely robbed" because they made poor draft choices with the picks.

Oh, you're one of those.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

One of those who think Mahomes is at least as much of a franchise qb as trubisky and was available at #3? Isn't that pretty much everybody?

49ers drafted poorly but that doesn't mean got robbed on the trade

Bears got the second best QB in a loaded QB draft. I am quite happy with how it turned out, the 49ers would desperately like to have Trubisky rather than Garappollo.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:13 AM, GoSox05 said:

CB and OL stand out as really bad. 

Possibly safety if they can't bring Amos back.  If they bring him back, it's pretty good.

RB - Howard(who they are trying to trade and Cohen.  Who else?  Cohen isn't really a fulltime RB.

TE - Burton and Shaheen.  Literally no one else.

OLB - Mack and Floyd.  Kylie Fitts?  Sam Acho? 

They have good depth and ILB and DL.

WR is ok, good depth at like slot WR, but nothing really on the outside besides Robinson. 

They'll draft an RB and probably sign another.

They have two decent TE's. Do any teams have three?

They are somewhat weak at OLB so they'll draft one and/or sign one.

Miller is going to be a really good receiver who can play on the outside. How many receivers on the outside does KC have? It works if your playcaller is creative.

I like how this is the deepest Bears teams in years yet some positions stand out as "really bad." Yeah, if any NFL teams loses their two best corners, two starting OT's and the game's best outside pass rusher, they're fucked, and the Bears would be, too.

12 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

They'll draft an RB and probably sign another.

They have two decent TE's. Do any teams have three?

They are somewhat weak at OLB so they'll draft one and/or sign one.

Miller is going to be a really good receiver who can play on the outside. How many receivers on the outside does KC have? It works if your playcaller is creative.

I like how this is the deepest Bears teams in years yet some positions stand out as "really bad." Yeah, if any NFL teams loses their two best corners, two starting OT's and the game's best outside pass rusher, they're fucked, and the Bears would be, too.

I agree that a lot of people expect the Bears to have some perfect roster that is 53 men deep top-to-bottom, which in a salary cap league is almost impossible. 

I will say Burton did not impress me at all this year. Expected way more from him. Shaheen does what he does in the red zone and he's effective in that role but he's simply not an everydown TE. I would say TE is their weakest position, I just dont think they have much there.