NFL Thread 2019-2020

24 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Landon Collins is good, not great. I'm not sure why everyone is making him out to be Ronnie Lott.

He's pretty good.  It just depends on how much you value a true free safety vs a more in the box safety.

Collins is one of the best in the box safeties in football.  It just depends on how you value that.

42 minutes ago, Tony said:

I've heard talk there are ways to restructure Mack and Robinson as well, that would sort of screw the Bears down the road, but really help the next 1-2 seasons. I think you do everything you can to make things work for 2019 and 2020, worry about the future later. This is the window

I agree but there are a lot of teams with cap space, bears to do that will need  to target a specific player and execute, not worth doing it for the plan b's. That pre negotiating period will be interesting.

Bears can save another $2m if they trade Howard and another $3m by cutting Daniel. So they are hardly out of options to clear more money.

I think they can find anyone to be as dogshit as Daniel was against New York but I am guessing they'll want to keep him in the QB room another year.

49 minutes ago, KiwiSox said:

Bears can save another $2m if they trade Howard and another $3m by cutting Daniel. So they are hardly out of options to clear more money.

I think they can find anyone to be as dogshit as Daniel was against New York but I am guessing they'll want to keep him in the QB room another year.

I don't think they plan on cutting Daniel. I've heard they might restructure his contract to free up more space though.

12 minutes ago, Boogua said:

I don't think they plan on cutting Daniel. I've heard they might restructure his contract to free up more space though.

My calculus on this simple. Will Chase Daniel put them over the top? No. Will $3m more in cap space? Maybe.

The Bears have maybe the best top to bottom roster in the NFL with a top-fifteen QB on a rookie contract, the best defender in football and one of the twenty best football coaches in the world serving as defensive coordinator to another one of the twenty best coaches in the world.

We'll never see these circumstances replicated again in our lifetime. For the next two years the Bears have to go all out to bring home a title. No stone left unturned.

8 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

Antonio Brown to be traded by Friday the Steelers said. 

I would have no idea how to feel if my team traded for him.  He is still so good, but he seems to be going crazy. 

SEEMS?

He's not that great anymore. I wouldn't even put him top-10.

3 hours ago, KiwiSox said:

Bears had another kicker tryout and went with Chris Blewitt. Already signed Redford Jones too. They are just going to have a massive competition and whoever comes out on top gets the job. Love it.

I mean you just can not make this stuff up.

15 hours ago, KiwiSox said:

SEEMS?

He's not that great anymore. I wouldn't even put him top-10.

I worry about him in the locker room, but He caught 104 passes last year and 15 touchdowns.  I'd love to know what 10 WR are better than him. 

29 minutes ago, knightni said:

Julian Love had some speed issues at the combine but has great football instincts at all DB spots and is really agile.

Would he be worth a look in the 3rd round by the Bears?

I have always loved the nfl draft...I am having a hard time getting amped without the bears having a 1st and 2nd round picks. 

I like Mizzou's emmannuel hall and assume he could be there later so that would be nice.

3 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

If Brown is not a top 10 receiver, then you must be watching a different sport than me.  

I think he's a top 10 receiver but I also think he works extremely well with Roethlisberger, who knows how to get him the ball in spots he can take advantage of. On games where Pittsburgh had to use their backup QB, you could see that Brown would get completely shut down because the QB wouldn't know to just trust AB to make a play the way Roethlisberger does. That QB would see heavy coverage near Brown on every play and just go elsewhere on plays where Roethlisberger would still force the ball to Brown. He's definitely still an elite receiver but I think there's a really good chance of a substantial dropoff in his numbers with a different QB, unless that QB puts in overtime to be comfortable with Brown...and that would require Brown to be willing to put in overtime working with the QB as well. 

3 hours ago, knightni said:

Julian Love had some speed issues at the combine but has great football instincts at all DB spots and is really agile.

Would he be worth a look in the 3rd round by the Bears?

I think so.  He might be more of a slot CB, but in the 3rd round that would be a solid pick.

He might not make it that far. 

Just now, knightni said:

When teams come to you, that's a signal that you're doing the wrong thing.

I think process wise drafting a rb every year and trading them a year before free agency is going to be correct 9 times out of 10.