NFL Thread 2019-2020

7 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

I worry about him in the locker room, but He caught 104 passes last year and 15 touchdowns.  I'd love to know what 10 WR are better than him. 

Jones, Beckham, Hopkins, Hill, Smith-Schuster, Thomas, Evans, Hilton, Cooper, Thielen

That was pretty easy.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, KiwiSox said:

Jones, Beckham, Hopkins, Hill, Smith-Schuster, Thomas, Evans, Hilton, Cooper, Thielen

That was pretty easy.

Evans, TY, and Amari are better than AB? You’re really whiffing on your takes the past few days.

Edited by Brian

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

Evans, TY, and Amari are better than AB? You’re really whiffing on your takes the past few days.

They aren't better than AB three years ago but they are better than AB now. The decline is clearly on for Brown and if he didn't have Smith-Schuster and Big Ben his numbers would've been really pedestrian.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, KiwiSox said:

They aren't better than AB three years ago but they are better than AB now. The decline is clearly on for Brown and if he didn't have Smith-Schuster and Big Ben his numbers would've been really pedestrian.

Brown caught more TD this year than Hilton has in the past three years.  

You keep saying Brown has declined.  Where is the proof of that?  I mean, I'm assuming he will at some point, but it hasn't happened yet.

Jones, Brown, Hopkins, Adams, Hill are probably top 5.  OBJ, Evans, Thomas make a good case to be in there.

Honestly even if Brown was 10th best in the league, it's still really good.  There are a ton of good WR in the NFL right now.

Edited by GoSox05

2 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

Brown caught more TD this year than Hilton has in the past three years.  

You keep saying Brown has declined.  Where is the proof of that?  I mean, I'm assuming he will at some point, but it hasn't happened yet.

Jones, Brown, Hopkins, Adams, Hill are probably top 5.  OBJ, Evans, Thomas make a good case to be in there.

Honestly even if Brown was 10th best in the league, it's still really good.  There are a ton of good WR in the NFL right now.

I cant think of a more meaningless stat than TD's. I mean, all NFL stats are kind of meaningless but that one in particular is subject to so much variance and factors outside the players control, especially for WR of all positions.

Brown is slower. You can see it when he runs. Compare him with Smith-Schuster and if you just ignored the name of the back of the jersey one would look like a Ferrari compared to a Vauxhall.

13 hours ago, KiwiSox said:

I cant think of a more meaningless stat than TD's. I mean, all NFL stats are kind of meaningless but that one in particular is subject to so much variance and factors outside the players control, especially for WR of all positions.

Brown is slower. You can see it when he runs. Compare him with Smith-Schuster and if you just ignored the name of the back of the jersey one would look like a Ferrari compared to a Vauxhall.

Getting open in the end zone, now overrated.   That's one that I haven't heard before. 

13 hours ago, KiwiSox said:

There are quite a few WR in the NFL, one of them is even on the Bears, who I would feel much better about going into 2019 with than Antonio Brown.

Did the Bears trade for someone or are they going sign someone? 

• Haha 1

I'm not sure what AB expects here, good teams can't afford to trade for him, and Pittsburgh has every right to ask for a lot because they will be penalized by his cap hit this year.  It's either suck it up and play for Pittsburgh or a bad team overpays for him and he enjoys the Lesean McCoy experience 

14 hours ago, KiwiSox said:

LOL wut?

2 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Wow, major fail by Rapoport, better double check those sauces.

edit: Sounds like there was a deal agreed upon, but AB said thanks, but no thanks.

AB posted fake news on the Insta story from ESPN. This is hilarious.

2 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

Browns traded Zeitler to the Giants for Vernon.

Lions are releasing TJ Lang. 

I feel like it's going to be a wild few days and then free agency madness.

It feels like this is going to be one of the weirder nfl offseasons.