NFL Thread 2019-2020

I still think the CJ Mosely contract is the worst of the offseason, personally.

One other thing is it feels like I know a lot of nfl players but then the free agency starts and its all inside linebackers and o lineman and I keep doublechecking if the cardinals signing jordan hicks is a baseball signing or football.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I still think the CJ Mosely contract is the worst of the offseason, personally.

One other thing is it feels like I know a lot of nfl players but then the free agency starts and its all inside linebackers and o lineman and I keep doublechecking if the cardinals signing jordan hicks is a baseball signing or football.

17 million AAV for an off ball LB.Ā  It's a lot.

Edited by GoSox05

I don't really like the Bears moving all this cap space related to Mack to make "marginal" moves.Ā  My presumption is they are going to do something big here. If it is for Mike Davis and the new nickle, that is more meh to me.Ā  Will be interesting to see what they do.Ā  I'm presuming they are going to land Bell or Ingram (and no that isn't a move I would have made).Ā Ā 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Ā 

Welp. I see why the Bears didn't sign Amos.Ā  Still he's a very durable quality safety so not a bad move for the Packers.Ā  Lot of up-front guaranteed money.Ā  Bears are going to go short on Earl Thomas.Ā Ā 

32 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

That probably means Mark Ingram is signing somewhere else.

I would prefer him for the Bears as opposed to Bell for the next few years when considering the probable contracts. He would thrive in Nagy's system.

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Some speculation Bears might be investing in a wideout vs. running back with the newly freed up cap space. Are there any vets out there or on the block who are shorter-term deals that would be big pick-ups?Ā Ā 

Not really.Ā  Most of the guys worth getting are gone.Ā 

Ā 

It's probably going to cost two first round picks for OBJ.Ā 

Also, unless you are a Giants fan.Ā  Why would you not want that to happen.Ā  I know it would cost a lot, but OBJ is a superstar.Ā 

Edited by GoSox05

12 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

It's probably going to cost two first round picks for OBJ.Ā 

Also, unless you are a Giants fan.Ā  Why would you not want that to happen.Ā  I know it would cost a lot, but OBJ is a superstar.Ā 

Bears don't have the future draft capital to make another massive splash like that.