NFL Thread 2019-2020

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 2:20 PM, soxfan49 said:

Burton had hernia surgery recently and is out indefinitely. Any clue on a true timeline here, @ptatc?

I had hernia surgery when I was a kid. Obviously I wasn’t playing pro football, but the surgery back then was probably more invasive and I was good to go inn a couple of weeks. I would imagine he should be good to go for training camp.

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

These seem to be getting a lot of praise but I think they're hideous. A weird cross between the Bengals and Michigan Wolverines

It's the exact thing they wore in 1936, so if anything the Bengals copied them. I think they're cool.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:42 PM, Jack Parkman said:

What was the bribe that he paid the judge to throw out the video evidence? 

This is late, clearly. However, it seems like a very legit motion to suppress. 

Police issued a fake bomb threat to install the cameras, a tactic Kraft’s lawyers have argued is reserved for extreme criminal cases including terrorism, bomb making, racketeering and other felonies, not misdemeanor prostitution.

Investigators obtained the warrant to install the cameras while making the case that human trafficking was taking place at the spa. Prosecutors have since admitted that there is no case to pursue human trafficking charges.

• 3 weeks later...

14 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Pace should go out and sign Mike Daniels. Him and Hicks would be one mean ass DL

Eh, I don't know if we can give him the multi-year deal he's looking for, plus Bilal Nichols is too good to let rot on the bench. I don't see the fit 

20 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Eh, I don't know if we can give him the multi-year deal he's looking for, plus Bilal Nichols is too good to let rot on the bench. I don't see the fit 

All we know is he's looking for a championship contender. Ideally he would want a long term deal but who knows for sure? Plus the idea isn't to bench Nichols; he would rotate somewhat frequently with Daniels and occasionally with Hicks