NFL Thread 2019-2020

On 8/16/2019 at 7:27 PM, soxfan49 said:

AfuckingMen

This is a travesty

For what, 10 games? He's a clown

I don't think he is a clown, I think he is someone who is dealing with serious addiction problems and I hope he can beat them.

I'm also glad the NFL allows him to keep playing and offering him help and counseling.

37 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I don't think he is a clown, I think he is someone who is dealing with serious addiction problems and I hope he can beat them.

I'm also glad the NFL allows him to keep playing and offering him help and counseling.

Well then I think he's being a fool. Go to rehab until you're good. If you never get fixed, continue to focus on it. Don't come back to the league for a handful of games and then leave again. That's idiotic

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Well then I think he's being a fool. Go to rehab until you're good. If you never get fixed, continue to focus on it. Don't come back to the league for a handful of games and then leave again. That's idiotic

This is remarkably tone deaf to what an addict goes through on a day to day basis.   I'm not about to sit here and argue with you for feeling this way because clearly you have made up your mind, but it is not nearly as simple as you think it is

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

This is remarkably tone deaf to what an addict goes through on a day to day basis.   I'm not about to sit here and argue with you for feeling this way because clearly you have made up your mind, but it is not nearly as simple as you think it is

Me saying he should go to rehab and focus on getting clean is tone deaf? 

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Me saying he should go to rehab and focus on getting clean is tone deaf? 

No, you acting like it is something that just gets fixed.   It's not, it's a daily struggle for the rest of their lives

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

No, you acting like it is something that just gets fixed.   It's not, it's a daily struggle for the rest of their lives

Then continue to come back to play a few games and then leave your teammates again and again, despite not even being close to sober. That works too

Packers and Raiders had to play on a 80 yard field yesterday because the end zones were so crappy they were afraid the players would get hurt.  Seems like the NFL should be able to do better considering they are worth 900 billion dollars or whatever.

The good outcome was that there was no kick offs and it was great. 

11 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Packers and Raiders had to play on a 80 yard field yesterday because the end zones were so crappy they were afraid the players would get hurt.  Seems like the NFL should be able to do better considering they are worth 900 billion dollars or whatever.

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

It was so weird.  Plus there was about 10,000 people there. 

Nathan Peterman kept throwing passes into the normal end zone, I think he forgot that is was now out of bounds or he was just overthrowing by ten yards.  It's hard to tell what that guy is doing.

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

Is there a reason they chose to play in Winnipeg, like did one of the teams have a connection to the city?  Or just another money grab attempt by the NFL?

59 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Is there a reason they chose to play in Winnipeg, like did one of the teams have a connection to the city?  Or just another money grab attempt by the NFL?

It was the Raiders home game, so they set all this up.  I think it might have been because the A's have a long home stand and they needed somewhere to play.

It would have been a cool idea, but they messed it up.  High ticket prices, bad field, probably should of had it on a Saturday, so people could have traveled to it.

They should have just worked out a deal with the Packers and played at Lambeau.