NFL Thread 2019-2020

16 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That's what makes it interesting. Teams can spend all the money in the world on stars and big names but the little unknown kicker can make or break it.

It comes down to the team not just the stars. Just like what happened to the Bears last year. It sucks as a Bears fan but people will never forget the "double doink."

I'm fine with 3 point field goals.  They break up periods of time without TD's and make sure there isn't a ton of games going into overtime.

I just find XP kinda pointless.  You did the work by scoring a TD, that should be it. 

Kick offs are the thing that I really wish they would get rid of.   Waste of time and dangerous to players.

48 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I'm fine with 3 point field goals.  They break up periods of time without TD's and make sure there isn't a ton of games going into overtime.

I just find XP kinda pointless.  You did the work by scoring a TD, that should be it. 

Kick offs are the thing that I really wish they would get rid of.   Waste of time and dangerous to players.

I would like kickoffs to be the most dangerous 20 seconds in sports.  Whatever it takes.  That shit could be electric. 

1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

I would like kickoffs to be the most dangerous 20 seconds in sports.  Whatever it takes.  That shit could be electric. 

You mean like they can still wear pads, but no helmets dangerous or like they get to keep the helmets, but everyone now has medieval weapons dangerous?

19 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

You mean like they can still wear pads, but no helmets dangerous or like they get to keep the helmets, but everyone now has medieval weapons dangerous?

Lol I dunno but I like where you’re going!  Those are all reasonable ideas that belong on the table of discussion.  😂

Im just saying there is probably a way to make the kickoff the most exciting part of the game.  

8 vs 2?  You get one blocker and maybe the defenders are each limited to a 10 yard vertical zone?

5 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Lol I dunno but I like where you’re going!  Those are all reasonable ideas that belong on the table of discussion.  😂

Im just saying there is probably a way to make the kickoff the most exciting part of the game.  

8 vs 2?  You get one blocker and maybe the defenders are each limited to a 10 yard vertical zone?

This would actually be interesting.

If they are going to do preseason,  they might as well do some cool stuff like this.  See what sticks.

On 8/26/2019 at 11:44 AM, Chisoxfn said:

The entire franchise looks different if Jay doesn't break his thumb late in that San Diego team. That offense and team were just rolling.  Like rolling.  

Fucking Johnny Knox getting beat on a slant and letting Cutler take the blame for the turnover AGAIN putting Cutler in a position he never should've been in

• Love 1

Bears’ cut list:

RB Ryan Nall
WR Tanner Gentry
WR Thomas Ives
WR Marvin Hall
TE Ian Bunting
OL Marquez Tucker
OL Joe Lowery
OL Sam Mustipher
OL Jordan McCray

NT Daryle Banfield
DT Jonathan Harris
DE Jalen Dalton
DE Jonathan Bullard
ILB Jameer Thurman
OLB Kylie Fitts
OLB Matt Betts
OLB Chuck Harris
CB John Franklin III
CB Doyin Jibowu
CB Stephen Denmark
CB Clifton Duck

LS John Wirtel

13 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I cannot remember the last time I saw a team in the NFL being as aggressive in trades to improve their roster as Houston is being right now. Free Agency sure, but trading away all their draft picks to fill positions around their star QB? 

2 firsts and a second for a good LT and an ok WR. That’s insane. 

39 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

This Trey Burton stuff keeps getting weirder and weirder

No kidding. Weird considering Anthony Miller had the more serious surgery and he's out there practicing. Gotta be something else wrong with him to likely miss the season opener. 

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

No kidding. Weird considering Anthony Miller had the more serious surgery and he's out there practicing. Gotta be something else wrong with him to likely miss the season opener. 

Yeah and this isn't the John Fox regime, they are usually pretty forthcoming about these things

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

?  I wouldn't say shoulder surgery is more serious than hernia surgery.