NFL Thread 2019-2020

4 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

This does not seem true. Watson was the clear top guy. Mahomes was interesting because he had played at Texas Tech, whose QBs usually put up video game numbers. I think he got overlooked a bit because it seemed EVERYONE does well at QB there. However, unlike the guys before him (Kingsbury, Harrell, etc) Mahomes had the pro, size, talent and skills. The system did NOT mask his talent. Trubisky played 13 games at UNC, very little sample size. It was not a good pick especially considering the Bears traded up for him. He has talent, but he's very inconsistent, has a real issue reading defense. He has missed a couple checkdowns tonight (according to Warner on the radio, as I was listening to the game while driving). 

Maybe I was wrong on Mitch being the consensus top guy, but he was more or less the favorite with Watson.  Mahomes was a clear #3 by experts and that’s the point I was arguing.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Maybe I was wrong on Mitch being the consensus top guy, but he was more or less the favorite with Watson.  Mahomes was a clear #3 by experts and that’s the point I was arguing.

I'd have to see these experts lists, not doubting you. I desperately wanted Mahomes, mainly because I watch TTU games like a religion because my wife forces me too (she's an alum), so I saw a real pro glow in him. He was simply electric as a football player. Not saying I am brilliant, I was just a fan and liked him. The Chiefs hit the motherload with him. Maybe they got lucky to get him, I don't think they traded up to get him, he just fell to them so plenty of GMs did NOT see this coming. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

This does not seem true. Watson was the clear top guy. Mahomes was interesting because he had played at Texas Tech, whose QBs usually put up video game numbers. I think he got overlooked a bit because it seemed EVERYONE does well at QB there. However, unlike the guys before him (Kingsbury, Harrell, etc) Mahomes had the pro, size, talent and skills. The system did NOT mask his talent. Trubisky played 13 games at UNC, very little sample size. It was not a good pick especially considering the Bears traded up for him. He has talent, but he's very inconsistent, has a real issue reading defense. He has missed a couple checkdowns tonight (according to Warner on the radio, as I was listening to the game while driving). 

I didn’t agree with trading up to get him, but did the picks themselves really matter? Kamara wasn’t even picked by the 49ers, the Saints picked him.

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why would I want the QB of the team I root for to fail?

This is another disillusioned Mitch supporter post - people who are honest and critical of Mitch somehow want him to fail and aren't just commenting in their observations of reality.

If you actually think the first half is proof of anything, then I have no doubt you want him to fail.  Also, I’ve seen you accuse people in White Sox threads of them wanting to see players fail, so you tell me why.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If you actually think the first half is proof of anything, then I have no doubt you want him to fail.  Also, I’ve seen you accuse people in White Sox threads of them wanting to see players fail, so you tell me why.

No. And there are 32 halves of football in an entire season. You act like this is an april game of baseball.

It's a division game in the NFL. The half mattered and furthered evidence that he is who he has been. People remain that way until they show progress.

2 delay of games. This guy is awful. Trubisky has to get used to looking at the clock lol