NFL Thread 2019-2020

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Who's going to call the Score tomorrow and say they want to talk about Lopez outing today?

Why would anyone want to talk about this game?

Favored by everyone and their mother and they lose cuz they have a QB with tunnel vision.

I guess Packers fans can call in and thank us for Amos.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

Chicago is now having a meltdown and I can’t wait to listen to the Score tomorrow. All of the blame is going to be put on Trubisky regardless of what happened in the other phases of the offense.

What was the issue with the offensive line tonight? 

What is really going on with Burton?

Why does Trubisky need to throw so many times and why can’t they run like normal teams do? Runs off the guard to the outside, pitches and up the gut still work in this league?

Was it the best decision to not kick from 51 yards and go for it on fourth down?

What was the reason for all of the five yard curls?

Did they really need to play players in the preseason? I mean, would that really have helped? Maybe, but I’m not positive?

This game was overhyped and they didn’t look ready for it on the offensive side of the ball. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Favored by everyone and their mother and they lose cuz they have a QB with tunnel vision.

You must not be from Chicago.  The phone lines will be ringing tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Chicago is now having a meltdown and I can’t wait to listen to the Score tomorrow. All of the blame is going to be put on Trubisky regardless of what happened in the other phases of the offense.

What was the issue with the offensive line tonight? 

What is really going on with Burton?

Why does Trubisky need to throw so many times and why can’t they run like normal teams do? Runs off the guard to the outside, pitches and up the gut still work in this league?

Was it the best decision to not kick from 51 yards and go for it on fourth down?

What was the reason for all of the five yard curls?

Did they really need to play players in the preseason? I mean, would that really have helped? Maybe, but I’m not positive?

This game was overhyped and they didn’t look ready for it on the offensive side of the ball. 

Yeah, no doubt Mitch sucked and that last interception is indefensible, but the blame for tonight’s goes much deeper.

3 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Packers ran 22 times and threw 30. They have a hall of fame QB.

Bears ran 15 times and threw 45.

Passing league or not, why are you throwing a 3x more than running. The Bears actually averaged more ypc than GB.

This is the game right here. Finally a post that isn’t just about Trubisky.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Bears couldn’t afford to keep Amos...

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, no doubt Mitch sucked and that last interception is indefensible, but the blame for tonight’s goes much deeper.

They gave up 10 points and scored 3. People can try and look deep within but the fact is, teams that drop passes and get penalties and have goes out with injuries average more than 3 points a game. 

Obviously others were bad too for that to happen, but if any of those players were good (not counting mitch) the team doesn't score more than 3 points. 

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

This is the game right here. Finally a post that isn’t just about Trubisky.

Nagy runs a west coast style offense. Short passes are runs in west coast style offenses. This isn't a new concept. Part of their problem is they weren't crisp there tonight and their QB isnt very accurate on quick passes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Packers ran 22 times and threw 30. They have a hall of fame QB.

Bears ran 15 times and threw 45.

Passing league or not, why are you throwing a 3x more than running. The Bears actually averaged more ypc than GB.

This. 

Insane amount of passing, especially early on and of the 15 carries, how many were to Montgomery. I just don't get why they didn't even bother running it with him. Or how about of those 45 passes, why are they focused on Robinson the whole damn time!? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dan of Steel said:

This. 

Insane amount of passing, especially early on and of the 15 carries, how many were to Montgomery. I just don't get why they didn't even bother running it with him. Or how about of those 45 passes, why are they focused on Robinson the whole damn time!? 

He's the only one worth a damn? 

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol nagy is running the same offense the chiefs run. He was one of the guys who helped build and fine tune that offense with Reid obviously leading the way.

I'm pretty sure Andy Reid isn't running a WR up the middle on 3rd and short. Offensive structure and playcalling are not one and the same. 

The offensive structure is fine. The playcalling was garbage. 

Edited by Dan of Steel

QB driven league. Rodgers didn't make many plays, but he made enough against an elite defense. His opponent made no plays, bad interception, poor reads, panicky throws, inconsistency all around. There were a couple drops and some abysmal play calling, but they put a LOT on the QBs shoulders in this league, for a reason. The good ones find a way. So far this QB does not look like he has progressed any from last year. 

However, a huge HUGE mark against the coach for doing absolutely nothing concerning the run game. Monty had a few nice runs in the first half, then vanished in the 2nd half. Total lack of commitment to a balance game plan was a monster FAIL.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Nagy runs a west coast style offense. Short passes are runs in west coast style offenses. This isn't a new concept. Part of their problem is they weren't crisp there tonight and their QB isnt very accurate on quick passes.

Im pretty familiar with the West Coast offense, I cant remember a time when Joe Montana/Steve Young were throwing 3x as many times as they were running the ball.

Lets look at KC last year:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2018.htm

583 pass attempts, 387 runs (lets remove Mahomes and that becomes) 327. 

Being that unbalanced just isnt good for business. You may get away with it if you have a HOF level QB, but its just way to many throws for Trubisky. Right now he just doesnt have the decisiveness to be making that many decisions. 

I don't care how good this defense is I'll be surprised if they finish .500. Fangio is going to eat this offense for lunch. They're the Jaguars from last year. I don't think that Pace and Nagy get whacked at the end of the season but it could be that bad. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1