NFL Thread 2019-2020

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't care how good this defense is I'll be surprised if they finish .500. 

That defense might be the best overall unit in the NFL (ST, DEF, OFF).

Assuming they stay healthy, the Bears will be fine. Nagy will find points.

Also to the above. Kc had a lot of big leads bringing that run total up.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't care how good this defense is I'll be surprised if they finish .500. Fangio is going to eat this offense for lunch. They're the Jaguars from last year. I don't think that Pace and Nagy get whacked at the end of the season but it could be that bad. 

Mods - Please pin this post so Jack can officially earn the moniker Hot Take Parkman at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

That defense might be the best overall unit in the NFL (ST, DEF, OFF).

Assuming they stay healthy, the Bears will be fine. Nagy will find points.

Also to the above. Kc had a lot of big leads bringing that run total up.

Even in close games they were almost never that imbalanced. Not to mention Trubisky and Mahomes arent on the same level right now. If the Bears are going 3 pass to 1 run in close games, they are going in a bad direction.

Especially as the Bears defense is much better than KC, so they should be playing to their strengths. Not to the strengths of a team they dont closely resemble.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Mods - Please pin this post so Jack can officially earn the moniker Hot Take Parkman at the end of the season.

They face every top QB except Brady and Roethlisberger. They're toast. They won't score enough. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

They face every top QB except Brady and Roethlisberger. They're toast. 

They almost beat GB with a historically bad called offensive night. That really should be the takeaway.

If Nagy is good, he learns from this. Its a bad start, but sometimes you need to see why you are wrong.

Just now, Soxbadger said:

They almost beat GB with a historically bad called offensive night. That really should be the takeaway.

If Nagy is good, he learns from this. Its a bad start, but sometimes you need to see why you are wrong.

Almost beat GB? What alternate dimension are you living in. The 7-3 lead felt insurmountable. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright, let’s do a ban bet then.  If the Broncos win next week, I won’t post until after the Bears’ bye week, if they lose to us the opposite applies.  Are you down?

I couldn't control myself on the site, but how about this: I won't post in this thread until after the bye week. You down? I'm not doing a football related ban bet on a baseball board until baseball season is over. And it would have to be lifted when the Sox make their first moderate level move this offseason. 

I have too much PTSD with QBs to ever think that they will find one that doesn't completely suck. Cutler sucked. I'm not sure Trubisky is even as good as Cutler. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Almost beat GB? What alternate dimension are you living in. The 7-3 lead felt insurmountable. 

I could be wrong, but I think the Bears actually got into GB territory more times than GB did the Bears. The Bears had the ball with 2 minutes left and Trubisky threw a horrendous pass. The Bears were driving and somehow got penalties that lead to a 1-40. 

The Bears had more yards, more first downs and actually had more yards per play.

The offensive play calling was beyond brutal, but that game could have gone either way. 

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

I could be wrong, but I think the Bears actually got into GB territory more times than GB did the Bears. The Bears had the ball with 2 minutes left and Trubisky threw a horrendous pass. The Bears were driving and somehow got penalties that lead to a 1-40. 

The Bears had more yards, more first downs and actually had more yards per play.

The offensive play calling was beyond brutal, but that game could have gone either way. 

It felt over after the 1st drive in the 2nd half. 

9 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Then Im not sure what game you were watching. 

I had no faith that they could get in the endzone. I thought that if they got down there Mitch would throw a pick. Gee, what happened? 

The difference in the game was that Rodgers could score even against an awesome defense and Trubisky couldn't against a below average one. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Hampton and OB saying Trubisky sucks. 

Truer words have never been spoken.

If the Packers D could catch the ball, Trubisky would have finished with 3 INTs and the game wouldn’t have been as close as it was.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Love 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I had no faith that they could get in the endzone. I thought that if they got down there Mitch would throw a pick. 

Ill stick to facts and statistics, you can believe in faith.

My feelings about Trubisky are well established in the draft thread from that year. That being said, I believe that there was a winning offensive game plan for the Bears today. I thought that Nagy would see it, but it didnt happen.

3 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Ill stick to facts and statistics, you can believe in faith.

My feelings about Trubisky are well established in the draft thread from that year. That being said, I believe that there was a winning offensive game plan for the Bears today. I thought that Nagy would see it, but it didnt happen.

I felt sick when that pick was made. Trubisky was NOT a 1st round talent. I hadn't felt as bad about a pick since Cedric Benson. I wanted Rodgers in 2005, I wanted Watson in 2017. I would have been skiddish about them picking Watson at 3 though. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I had no faith that they could get in the endzone. I thought that if they got down there Mitch would throw a pick. Gee, what happened? 

The difference in the game was that Rodgers could score even against an awesome defensive and Trubisky couldn't against a below average one. 

I think the difference is that Rodgers lets you get away with having an extremely shitty game plan, because sometimes his talent overcomes it.