NFL Thread 2019-2020

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

I called it a total team loss, which it was.

What I’m asking is why you are such an insufferable prick? What happened to you in your life that you are like this? I mean, you spend a lot of time here, and EVERYONE is at your throat. You have no allies, no one enjoys reading your posts. But everyone else is wrong right, your line of thinking is always right. Is that how you see it? 

You’re just a miserable, small troll. 

If I cared about winning the high school prom king, I wouldn’t say what I want.

The fact of the matter is, do you really see this team with a trash QB (Daniel or Trubisky) winning a Super Bowl?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

24 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I think Nagy would be good on offense if Pace drafted the right QB.

I've hated the way they handled the QB spot since BEFORE Trubisky got here:

1. Cutting Cutler/stupidly signing an incompetent glennon made for a poor choice as a bridge QB; I preferred Cutler for that role. (Cutler as a cromlulent "bridge qb" likely would have given Mitch more time to watch/learn than Mike glennon.)

2. Stupidly trading half the fucking draft to move up 1 spot when it was unneccessary increased the expectations for an inexperienced Trubisky. (I thought, "this guy better be Dan Marino" if you're going to trade away that much for him.)

3. Just drafting Trubisky, regardless of draft spot, appears to be a massive scouting failure when compared to other QBs.

4. Running a Club Med preseason, when TOM FUCKING BRADY took preseason snaps appears to have stunted Trubiskys development. He looked like a 1 read QB who's unsure of where to throw the ball.

20 minutes ago, Tony said:

It’s a fair complaint. Very undisciplined to open the season, and they wern’t ready to play today.

Club Med. Fucking backwards baseball caps on the sideline, instead of preseason snaps. Total lack of accountability. 

How does the special teams coach NOT call a return instead of a block on 4th & 5-1/2? How does the HEAD coach not ensure that on a 4th & 5-1/2 that the return team stay the hell away from the punter?

Here's hoping Ricky Nagy can unfuck himself & this underachieving, undisciplined team. I have my doubts.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

1. Cutting Cutler/stupidly signing an incompetent glennon made for a poor choice as a bridge QB; I preferred Cutler for that role. (Cutler as a cromlulent "bridge qb" likely would have given Mitch more time to watch/learn than Mike glennon.)

2. Stupidly trading half the fucking draft to move up 1 spot when it was unneccessary increased the expectations for an inexperienced Trubisky. I thought, "this guy better be Dan Marino if you're going to trade away that much for him.)

3. Just drafting Trubisky, regardless of draft spot, appears to be a massive scouting failure when compared to other QBs.

4. Running a Club Med preseason, when TOM FUCKING BRADY took preseason snaps appears to have stunted Trubiskys development. He looked like a 1 read QB who's unsure of where to throw the ball.

Club Med. Fucking backwards baseball caps on the sideline, instead of preseason snaps. Total lack of accountability. 

How does the special teams coach NOT call a return instead of a block on 4th & 5-1/2? How does the HEAD coach not ensure that on a 4th & 5-1/2 that the return team stay the hell away from the punter?

Here's hoping Ricky Nagy can unfuck himself & this underachieving, undisciplined team. I have my doubts.

You da man now, dawg.

5 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

2. Stupidly trading half the fucking draft to move up 1 spot when it was unneccessary increased the expectations for an inexperienced Trubisky. (I thought, "this guy better be Dan Marino if you're going to trade away that much for him.)

"that much for him"

They overpaid by a 5th round pick. Take Tony's advice for the other clown and go away

5 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

2. Stupidly trading half the fucking draft to move up 1 spot when it was unneccessary increased the expectations for an inexperienced Trubisky. (I thought, "this guy better be Dan Marino if you're going to trade away that much for him.)

Paving the way for Pat Fitzgerald 

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

"that much for him"

They overpaid by a 5th round pick. Take Tony's advice for the other clown and go away

Ok, I'll bite:

1. Did you think on draft day that there was any valid reason to trade up for Mitch Trubisky?

2. Have you seen anything in the intervening years to convince you that it was a good idea since then?

3. The bears traded away two 3rd round picks, & a 4th round pick, NOT a 5th rounder.

Before you say, "that's not much," I'll tell you that a 4th rounder probably could have secured Robbie Gould in trade last season. (And thus, he could have been kicking in the playoff game last season. )

8 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Ok, I'll bite:

1. Did you think on draft day that there was any valid reason to trade up for Mitch Trubisky?

2. Have you seen anything in the intervening years to convince you that it was a good idea since then?

3. The bears traded away two 3rd round picks, & a 4th round pick, NOT a 5th rounder.

Before you say, "that's not much," I'll tell you that a 4th rounder probably could have secured Robbie Gould in trade last season. (And thus, he could have been kicking in the playoff game last season. )

The fact of the matter is that that not one but two QB’s would be better for the Bears right now from the Trubinskies (incorrect spelling intentional) draft, is proof enough that Pace fucked up royally.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

27 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Ok, I'll bite:

1) Yes and Ian Rapoport confirmed it, who by the way knows more about this stuff in his pinky than you do in your entire body.

2) No, but that doesn't mean they gave up "that much for him."

3) What are you not understanding? They didn't give up a lot. They overpaid by a 5th round pick. It's proven. It's a fact. I know what they gave up but it wasn't egregious or anything.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

1) Yes and Ian Rapoport confirmed it, who by the way knows more about this stuff in his pinky than you do in your entire body.

2) No, but that doesn't mean they gave up "that much for him."

3) What are you not understanding? They didn't give up a lot. They overpaid by a 5th round pick. It's proven. It's a fact. I know what they gave up but it wasn't egregious or anything.

Bwahahaha, I love people defending the Trubinskies selection when it’s more than obvious Pace took the wrong QB.  The Bears blew it...  accept it.  There is no argument.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hey guys, not sure if any of you realized this before, but we’d probably better with that Mahomes kid at QB instead of Mitch.  I’ll make sure to repeat this ad naseum going forward to ensure that no one ever forgets that we may have drafted the lesser QB.

Thank you.  I appreciate you explaining why we shouldn’t expect another Bears Super Bowl.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Bwahahaha, I love people defending the Trubinskies selection when it’s more than obvious Pace took the wrong QB.  The Bears blew it...  accept it.  There is no argument.

That isn't argument right now you miserable lowlife. The argument is that they "gave up too much." No shit they would be better with Mahomes or Watson. You're an absolute joke