southsider2k5

'''NFL Thread '2019-'2020 THIS IS ''''THE BEARS' YEAR!

47 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Bears signing Patterson.

I like the signing, assuming Nagy is smart enough to use Patterson correctly and not put him in positions to fail. Like the old Devin Hester to receiver experiment.

7 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

WOW! Browns fans gonna hide the box face cutouts now.

AFC North favorites at this point. They were a decent field goal kicker away from making the playoffs

1 hour ago, 2nd_city_saint787 said:

Yep, 4th round comp pick, so thats something.  I don't know how it works, but i wonder if they'll get one for Calahan as well?

I don't think they'll get a 4th, but I hope so. It depends on the contract size. If Callahan's in the 8+ range, it'll be a 5th rounder.

Also, can these picks be traded? It'd be nice to use the 2 4ths to get another 3rd.....or a 3rd and and 4th to get into the 2nd. 

I believe compensatory picks can be traded now but I'm not 100% on that.

.....I didn't get a chance to watch the Bears that closely last year, but was Leno really good enough to recieve Pro Bowl considetations? How was Massie? 

Leno was good. Massie was good. No better than that though.

I feel like every year we talk about addressing the OL, but haven't heard any mention of addressing it this year.  Is there just nothing out there? 

I think they like Coward quite a bit as a young guy to develop and I imagine they'll bring Witzmann back. I can see them using a late rounder on an OL too.

Also....Why not Golden Tate? I know he's 30, but isn't the Bears window right now?

After Patterson I think they're done at WR unless it's a late round pick

I know that #FakeInsiders are a painful memory for us, but there is a weird number of random accounts today that have been claiming Bell signed with the Bears for 4/64 (49 guaranteed). Not sure where it originated from, very likely fake, but I do think we're in on Bell 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I know that #FakeInsiders are a painful memory for us, but there is a weird number of random accounts today that have been claiming Bell signed with the Bears for 4/64 (49 guaranteed). Not sure where it originated from, very likely fake, but I do think we're in on Bell 

Can you sure some? I just searched his name and don't see that anywhere

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Can you sure some? I just searched his name and don't see that anywhere

I should clarify that the exact numbers primarily came from a Jets fan account who claims that his uncle works for 670 The Score, and people ran with them. 

Other than this, most of the #FakeInsiders are just "reporting" Bell to the Bears without numbers 

Edited by Jose Abreu

Regardless of where he signs, I do think there's a chance he announces it on his rap album which comes out at 11 PM CT 

13 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Regardless of where he signs, I do think there's a chance he announces it on his rap album which comes out at 11 PM CT 

I think you’re right and it’s with the Bears

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think you’re right and it’s with the Bears

I’m glad that Jerry didn’t kill your optimism after all :) 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I should clarify that the exact numbers primarily came from a Jets fan account who claims that his uncle works for 670 The Score, and people ran with them. 

Other than this, most of the #FakeInsiders are just "reporting" Bell to the Bears without numbers 

Well it would make sense financially because at that point he'd be able to be cut with no cap penalty and consequently Trubisky, Jackson and Cohen would then all be UFA's

I don't believe that bell is coming to the bears, I just think it is too much cap hoop jumping to add him at what he wants

3 hours ago, Tony said:

God, I LOVE the NFL offseason. Blows MLB away. 

It's a new phenomenon as well.  Football off season was meh until free agency and salary cap came into play.  MLB used to be awesome.

Well throw the Bell album theory out the window. No clues or anything. Also this album is garbage, please do not listen to it 

4/52 with 35 in guarantees.

Wonder what Pace cleared cap space for. Hope we find out tomorrow 

7 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

4/52 with 35 in guarantees.

Wonder what Pace cleared cap space for. Hope we find out tomorrow 

With no 1st and 2nd this year, he’s gotta make an impact signing at this point, and a lot of names are off the board.

I’d be all for a Justin Houston signing now. Make a strength even stronger. Run a rotation of Mack-Floyd-Houston with Hicks up the middle?

Peter King was on the radio today talking about the biggest weakness in the NFC North is the offensive line play with all 4 teams. And he’s not wrong, no one is super strong there. So take advantage... 

WOW would have loved Bell at that price and we could have fit him into our cap space. We better pull off an impact signing because I'd be upset we missed Bell for marginal players.

5 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Are the Cowboys and Earl Thomas finally going to get married or what?

Rumor is the Browns are creeping near the altar to steal the bride away

Yes, the Cleveland Browns.

9 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Rumor is the Browns are creeping near the altar to steal the bride away

Yes, the Cleveland Browns.

That division is in shambles, they have a huge opportunity to take it this season 

11 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Did you not learn from the Machado chase?

7 hours ago, Tony said:

With no 1st and 2nd this year, he’s gotta make an impact signing at this point, and a lot of names are off the board.

I’d be all for a Justin Houston signing now. Make a strength even stronger. Run a rotation of Mack-Floyd-Houston with Hicks up the middle?

Peter King was on the radio today talking about the biggest weakness in the NFC North is the offensive line play with all 4 teams. And he’s not wrong, no one is super strong there. So take advantage... 

I think Houston would be awesome but you would have to convince him to take a rotational role instead of a starting job.   He would be a great replacement from Lynch though 

Kinda bummed about bell but pretty sure I’ll be happy about it by end of year 2. 

Definitely wanted to max out this window pre QB contract though.

33 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think Houston would be awesome but you would have to convince him to take a rotational role instead of a starting job.   He would be a great replacement from Lynch though 

Right, that’s the sell job. He plays on 2nd down passing downs and 3rd down. He’s on a pitch count, and keeps everyone fresh. It would elevate an already scary D Corp. That’s the move right now, to me at least.