southsider2k5

'''NFL Thread '2019-'2020 THIS IS ''''THE BEARS' YEAR!

INT are like sacks, they only tell part of the story. 

Kyler Fackrell had two less sacks than Khalil Mack, that doesn't mean they are anywhere in the same ballpark as players. 

These players play over 600 snaps.  The difference in talent doesn't come down to a hand full of plays. 

4 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

It's a tool for measuring players.  Just like reports by Football Outsiders. 

It's not the end all be all, but I haven't seen anyone say it's complete nonsense.

At the final second of a game they have complete player by player grades. No write ups, no commentary, just an imaginary grade based on nothing. For this to be possible they'd literally have to employ over 820 people to do this, and so I think it's more of a guess on how they played. Even if they do have that large of a staff, who are the people grading them? Are they professionals? For instance they didn't have Mack as a top 5 NFL defender through the first 6 weeks of the season last year. A few years ago that had Amos as a better SS than Kam Chancellor. It's a joke.

Edited by soxfan49

6 hours ago, Tony said:

WHAT A CAP HIT

Now this I like. I said all along, with where the Bears were, I wanted them to wade in the weeds.  

• Like 1

Aside from Houston, I’d love if Bears could still bring back Callahan. Getting good depth at CB after how healthy they all were last year would be reassuring.

Getting to 2-3 days later you mostly assume the guys will come relatively cheap.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Aside from Houston, I’d love if Bears could still bring back Callahan. Getting good depth at CB after how healthy they all were last year would be reassuring.

Getting to 2-3 days later you mostly assume the guys will come relatively cheap.

I'm somewhat surprised Bryce wasn't signed during the initial flurry of moves. They might be able to get him back now, which I agree, would be really nice. 

Still want that pass rusher. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I'm somewhat surprised Bryce wasn't signed during the initial flurry of moves. They might be able to get him back now, which I agree, would be really nice. 

Still want that pass rusher. 

The one part of it I'm interested in is Pagano, who from what I understand manufactures pressure from all over. Skrine and Callahan are both good pass rushers from the slot, adding more secondary rushers could be interesting, especially where with Roquan you have some nice interior pass rushing lbs.

You know, the flurry is over now and I actually think I'm comfortable in this spread the money around approach. Not crazy with Skrine deal but whatever.

We got great impact from players like Lynch last year in depth roles. I think at this point I don't see him getting more than a 1 year deal. He could come back, or you could go after Shane Ray, who had a similar profile to lynch the previous year and is given a great role to try and be productive.

I wonder how you could spread around a bunch of 1 year 4-5 mill deals. I'm not sure I wouldn't be happy if we could get maybe Jared Cook, Shane Ray, Ronald Darby/cb, Spencer Ware and a swing G/T. 

It lets them focus draft on some high priority targets and protects against the worst thing that can happen next year which is a lot of injuries.

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

The one part of it I'm interested in is Pagano, who from what I understand manufactures pressure from all over. Skrine and Callahan are both good pass rushers from the slot, adding more secondary rushers could be interesting, especially where with Roquan you have some nice interior pass rushing lbs.

You know, the flurry is over now and I actually think I'm comfortable in this spread the money around approach. Not crazy with Skrine deal but whatever.

We got great impact from players like Lynch last year in depth roles. I think at this point I don't see him getting more than a 1 year deal. He could come back, or you could go after Shane Ray, who had a similar profile to lynch the previous year and is given a great role to try and be productive.

I wonder how you could spread around a bunch of 1 year 4-5 mill deals. I'm not sure I wouldn't be happy if we could get maybe Jared Cook, Shane Ray, Ronald Darby/cb, Spencer Ware and a swing G/T. 

It lets them focus draft on some high priority targets and protects against the worst thing that can happen next year which is a lot of injuries.

I saw last night Miles Sanders of Penn State had an IG Live of him at O'Hare, but took it down pretty quick. The Bears have also had a few other guys in the building this week, I think they are going to target a RB in the 3rd round, maybe even move up if the guy they want is there for the taking. Trade Howard, and go with Davis-Cohen-Draft Pick combo. 

19 minutes ago, Tony said:

I saw last night Miles Sanders of Penn State had an IG Live of him at O'Hare, but took it down pretty quick. The Bears have also had a few other guys in the building this week, I think they are going to target a RB in the 3rd round, maybe even move up if the guy they want is there for the taking. Trade Howard, and go with Davis-Cohen-Draft Pick combo. 

Same, I think an RB and a kicker are almost a lock.

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

Same, I think an RB and a kicker are almost a lock.

I'd have no problem with them spending a 7th on a kicker either. If you don't want to deal with the UDFA process, get the guy you want and call it a draft. 

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Speaking of visits, I believe they have visited with A&M's RB Trayveon Williams twice now.

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Speaking of visits, I believe they have visited with A&M's RB Trayveon Williams twice now.

Devin Singletary was confirmed as a visit as well. 

4 hours ago, Tony said:

I saw last night Miles Sanders of Penn State had an IG Live of him at O'Hare, but took it down pretty quick. 

Last time a player took down an IG live like that pretty quick, it was Anthony Miller, whom the Bears wound up picking.

Darby went for 1 year 8.5 mill back to the eagles, which is admittedly a bit more than I thought he'd get considering he may be a tough call to start season on short term IR.

Tyreek Hill under investigation for alleged battery of a minor.  

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Tyreek Hill under investigation for alleged battery of a minor.  

Tyreek hitting somebody?!?! I did not see this coming..... 

Once a piece of shit, always a piece of shit. 

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tony said:

Sucks, looks like if bears gambled they could have had him. I don’t blame them for ensuring they got a guy they liked but personally not crazy about Skrine. 

Just now, bmags said:

Sucks, looks like if bears gambled they could have had him. I don’t blame them for ensuring they got a guy they liked but personally not crazy about Skrine. 

Yup, the way I read it is Bryce was asking for a lot more otherwise the Bears bring him back for this. It’s not that much more than they signed Buster Scruggs for, haha. But considering this is Day 5 of FA, this is less than Bryce was expecting. The Bears didn’t want to get left out in the cold, so they signed Buster.

4 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Once a piece of shit, always a piece of shit. 

I've never understood why he never faced the same backlash as some of the other guys