NFL Thread 2019-2020

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Not really though.

No one was taking Mitch. The bears were laughed at pretty thoroughly for that deal. It was unnecessary.

I didn't laugh because if that was their guy, go get him. Sadly their current head coach reportedly liked Mahomes better but he wasn't here at the time and our GM did a horrible job of evaluating the talent between the two.

This is why you don't draft a QB before you have the coach to groom him in place. 

2 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I'm a born and raised Packer fan.

Mitch is not good.

I'm a born and raised Bears fan and I think Favre is the most overrated QB in NFL history outside of Joe Namath. Brett Favre was Cutler on Steroids. 

Rodgers might be the most talented QB ever to play but he got wasted by poor coaching. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Not really though.

No one was taking Mitch. The bears were laughed at pretty thoroughly for that deal.

I didn't laugh because if that was their guy, go get him. Sadly their current head coach reportedly liked Mahomes better but he wasn't here at the time and our GM did a horrible job of evaluating the talent between the two.

They were laughed at for what they gave up to move up one spot, not for the player they selected.  And the vast majority of NFL draft experts had Trubisky as the highest rated QB prospect in that draft and most had Mahomes third behind Watson.  It is 100% revisionist theory to say we should have taken Mahomes.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

How so?

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

They were laughed at for what they gave up to move up one spot, not for the player they selected.  And the vast majority of NFL draft experts had Trubisky as the highest rated QB prospect in that draft and most had Mahomes third behind Watson.  It is 100% revisionist theory to say we should have taken Mahomes.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I'm a born and raised Bears fan and I think Favre is the most overrated QB in NFL history outside of Joe Namath. 

That's fine and all, but he still beat your team all the time.

I don't worry about Mitch Trubisky beating the Packers.  I worry about our Defense just being shit.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I agree here. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Trubisky hate isn't irrational. Nor is it a "hot take" He hasn't shown enough to warrant the type of support he's getting. There's much more to criticize than to like. The jury is still out. There's not much evidence he's good. 

Lol...I am not arguing he is good, I’m stating the first half of tonight’s game means nothing.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

For the record, I wanted Watson and Watson is much better than Mitch as well imo. 

The Bears had their pick of three guys. They did NOT have to trade up to get any of them. They chose to trade a lot to draft the worst of the bunch. It's not pretty, not sure what else to say.

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

I don't worry about Mitch Trubisky beating the Packers.  I worry about our Defense just being shit.

You can win with an average D because Rodgers is great. He's probably better than Brady but Belichick puts Brady over the top. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

For the record, I wanted Watson and Watson is much better than Mitch as well imo. 

The Bears had their pick of three guys. They did NOT have to trade up to get any of them. They chose to trade a lot to draft the worst of the bunch. It's not pretty, not sure what else to say.

So Pace is Jerry Angelo. Fun. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...I am not arguing he is good, I’m stating the first half of tonight’s game means nothing.

No, but he's not good because he's never been good. This half is just further confirmation that he's the same old, not good, Mitch.

I wanted nothing more than to see progress but we started hearing the same excuses early in camp AGAIN. "Mitch not looking sharp but it's because the Bears defense is so dominant." Please. Guy had gotten no better. Cant get past his first read.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

You can win with an average D because Rodgers is great. He's probably better than Brady but Belichick puts Brady over the top. 

You're missing my point which I guess wasn't really articulated correctly.

Mitch isn't a QB that is going to propel your team forward.  He's just kind of a guy.

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

This is the most confident I’ve been with a Packers defense in a long time. They’re really young in the secondary so still susceptible to rookie mistakes but this defense looks fast. And adding Smith at edge has changed the entire look of the pass rush as well.

No, but he's not good because he's never been good. This half is just further confirmation that he's the same old, not good, Mitch.

I wanted nothing more than to see progress but we started hearing the same excuses early in camp AGAIN. "Mitch not looking sharp but it's because the Bears defense is so dominant." Please. Guy had gotten no better. Cant get past his first read.

For the record, I wanted Watson as well. I didn't think that a QB would go top 5 that year. I wanted them to trade down and let someone else take Mitch. 

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

This is the most confident I’ve been with a Packers defense in a long time. They’re really young in the secondary so still susceptible to rookie mistakes but this defense looks fast. And adding Smith at edge has changed the entire look of the pass rush as well.

I've been burned too many times believing in the D only to see the secondary just get exposed.  We'll see.

2 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I've been burned too many times believing in the D only to see the secondary just get exposed.  We'll see.

I’m telling you man, they have a different look this year. Alexander is a stud, Savage looks like a playmaker, Amos is steady, and they look they are going to generate a fairly consistent pass rush this year.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

So what is the threshold for the excuses for Trubisky to go away?  How many more games?

This is a very good question. I guess the next question is, does Pace get another chance to draft a QB after missing so badly on Trubisky? 

This looks like the Bears offense from the late 90s and early 00s tonight. 

Edited by Jack Parkman