NFL Thread 2019-2020

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There's 16 games in a season.

No one plays in the preseason anymore.

Excuses are endless for Mitch. He's in the perfect position to succeed and he's just not very good. Not his fault. This portrayal of him as being a reason for the Bears success is comical though.

Excuses?  The kid is raw as fuck.  He only started 13 games at UNC.  Whether he ends up working, he was always going to be a project.  The tools are there to be a quality QB but the lack of experience is beyond apparent.  He’s without question someone who would have benefited from preseason reps.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is a very good question. I guess the next question is, does Pace get another chance to draft a QB after missing so badly on Trubisky? 

Yes, I’ve been of the belief that the Bears as a franchise have been so bad at drafting QB’s, they should draft one every year.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Excuses?  The kid is raw as fuck.  He only started 13 games at UNC.  Whether he ends up working, he was always going to be a project.  The tools are there to be a quality QB but the lack of experience is beyond apparent.  He’s without question someone who would have benefited from preseason reps.

So the excuse of his college playing time is still being brought up in his THIRD NFL season? My goodness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So how many more games does he have to play that we can officially say he’s just mediocre?

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

For the record, I wanted Watson and Watson is much better than Mitch as well imo. 

The Bears had their pick of three guys. They did NOT have to trade up to get any of them. They chose to trade a lot to draft the worst of the bunch. It's not pretty, not sure what else to say.

I can respect that YOU wanted Watson, but most experts didn’t want him or Mahomes over Mitch and I seriously doubt Moan4Yoan thought Mahomes was going to put up one of the greatest QB seasons in NFL history prior to the draft.  His position is revisionist theory.

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I can respect that YOU wanted Watson, but most experts didn’t want him or Mahomes over Mitch and I seriously doubt Moan4Yoan thought Mahomes was going to put up one of the greatest QB seasons in NFL history prior to the draft.  His position is revisionist theory.

It isn’t anyone’s job but the Bears to draft the right guy.  So far, it looks like they may have picked the worst option of the three.  Some teams recognized Mahomes talent...

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/17/15326962/2017-nfl-draft-quarterback-patrick-mahomes-stock-rising-texans-cardinals

Edited by Moan4Yoan

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No, but he's not good because he's never been good. This half is just further confirmation that he's the same old, not good, Mitch.

No, this half simply confirms you dislike Trubisky and want to see him fail.  The first half of tonight’s game is absolutely meaningless in terms of evaluating Mitch’s progress.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

This does not seem true. Watson was the clear top guy. Mahomes was interesting because he had played at Texas Tech, whose QBs usually put up video game numbers. I think he got overlooked a bit because it seemed EVERYONE does well at QB there. However, unlike the guys before him (Kingsbury, Harrell, etc) Mahomes had the pro, size, talent and skills. The system did NOT mask his talent. Trubisky played 13 games at UNC, very little sample size. It was not a good pick especially considering the Bears traded up for him. He has talent, but he's very inconsistent, has a real issue reading defense. He has missed a couple checkdowns tonight (according to Warner on the radio, as I was listening to the game while driving). 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

No, this half simply confirms you dislike Trubisky and want to see him fail.  The first half of tonight’s game is absolutely meaningless in terms of evaluating Mitch’s progress.

Why would I want the QB of the team I root for to fail?

This is another disillusioned Mitch supporter post - people who are honest and critical of Mitch somehow want him to fail and aren't just commenting in their observations of reality.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Trubisky’s performance in a game means nothing in terms of evaluating him?!?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

29 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Not really though.

No one was taking Mitch. The bears were laughed at pretty thoroughly for that deal. It was unnecessary.

I didn't laugh because if that was their guy, go get him. Sadly their current head coach reportedly liked Mahomes better but he wasn't here at the time and our GM did a horrible job of evaluating the talent between the two.

Nagy liked Mahomes better than Trubisky? How do you know?

• Like 1