NFL Thread 2019-2020

Just now, Green Line said:

He wasn’t going to run that all the way in.  There were plenty of guys in the vicinity.  He was going down regardless, counting on them touching him.

True. Eh, heat of the moment, at the snap there was like what 9 seconds left, even with Trubisky running out of the pocket, instincts are "tackle," hard to make that mental note during that point of the game.

30 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

At least you gave up defending Trubisky.

Honestly dude and I know you may say I'm a Trubisky backer, but I didn't think he was bad today. He missed the one throw to Gabriel for about 15 yards but the rest I think was the training wheels offense. Now if that's how Nagy drew it up because he knows Trubisky sucks, that's one thing, but honestly Trubisky did ok with what they alllowed him to do.

I think he's at his best when he doesn't have to think. Look at the end of today's game or the Eagles game. Nagy should put in more hurry up and shit

7 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Honestly dude and I know you may say I'm a Trubisky backer, but I didn't think he was bad today. He missed the one throw to Gabriel for about 15 yards but the rest I think was the training wheels offense. Now if that's how Nagy drew it up because he knows Trubisky sucks, that's one thing, but honestly Trubisky did ok with what they alllowed him to do.

I think he's at his best when he doesn't have to think. Look at the end of today's game or the Eagles game. Nagy should put in more hurry up and shit

My lord. He missed one throw?

20 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

My lord. He missed one throw?

I'm talking about big chunk throws. The one down the sideline to Montgomery would have had to be perfect. What other big throws did he really miss? Yeah, he missed 2 or 3 others that would've been solid gains of 2 but I'm not going to fret over those

I am by no means defending Trubisky the first two games, he has been slow on reads, mostly a one read qb, and seems to be checking into the wrong plays frequently.  However, the offensive line has been abysmal and that needs to change if we are to see the  best side of Trubisky.   Nobody fears the run, they are pinning their ears back and coming for him.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I am by no means defending Trubisky the first two games, he has been slow on reads, mostly a one read qb, and seems to be checking into the wrong plays frequently.  However, the offensive line has been abysmal and that needs to change if we are to see the  best side of Trubisky.   Nobody fears the run, they are pinning their ears back and coming for him.  

The Bears had 153 yards on 29 carries. 

Trubisky didnt get sacked once. He was hit 3 times. 

The Bears averaged more yards per rush than yards per pass attempt.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Honestly, and this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Nagy's gameplan was all that bad. He stayed committed to the run and tried to open up the passing game, but Trubisky just isn't executing - he was last year, but he's apparently regressed back to the guy he was Week 1 of last year. Trubisky's throws really aren't even inaccurate so much as he makes throws on the money, but a second too late because he doesn't anticipate the windows he has to throw as well as he should. There's only so much Nagy can do to adjust his playcalling to compensate for that before defenses get a schematic read on what he's doing.

I don't think I'm being hard on Trubisky, and he does deserve credit for the clutch throw to put them in FG range, but i do think if he was a great player that would be evident by now. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and defended his progress but it's shit or get off the pot time now. No coddling.

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

I'll give Trubisky this. That last throw where the play broke down and he extended it with his legs and made the perfect throw to Robinson was MONEY. Did it last year too in that Eagles game before the Parkey double doink overshadowed that. 

Nagy needs to stop pretending he is elite when he's not. More runs, less passes. Trubisky can Trent Dilfer his way for all I care. The defense is that elite IMO to carry them.

Hub Arkush just mentioned this on The Score.  That Trubisky is more accurate when throwing on the move and they should run more plays that allow for him to do this.

• Like 1

Trubisky was terrible. That was nothing a backup QB couldn’t do.

Man, when he first came on and was making those roll out passes and throwing on a dime to crossing receivers I was so pumped. Turns out he’s terrible passing on the run. 

I hope he gets his confidence back and gets back to normal average to below avg Mitch, but he was absolutely awful to start this year.

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

He was 16 for 27 for 120 yards.  That’s pretty putrid in today’s NFL.

There has to be a non zero chance they use a second on a QB next year right? Not much into CFB but there has to be a possibility if Trubisky stays playing like this (where it’s possible this is the real him)

Edited by TheTruth05

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

There has to be a non zero chance they use a second on a QB next year right? Not much into CFB but there has to be a possibility if Trubisky stays playing like this (where it’s possible this is the real him)

Eh that’s usually a waste.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Sure, I mostly just mean talent wise it’s a waste. A 4th rounder? Go ahead. That’s where your cousins/daks were. 

That’s fair, although the way Pace is good at getting value in the middle rounds I’m not sure I’d want them drafting a QB unless Nagy is in love with the guy