southsider2k5

'''NFL Thread '2019-'2020 THIS IS ''''THE BEARS' YEAR!

18 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Former 1st round pick (28th overall) in 2017 draft.

Bears worked out Shane Ray and Noah Spence this week so they might be interested.  

Hard to believe those guys are just guys on the street now 

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Leno.. LMAO. Sooo bad.

I like Leno a lot and that was easily Emery's best pick all things considered, but he looked fat and bad vs GB and didn't look much better vs DEN.

15 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

I like Leno a lot and that was easily Emery's best pick all things considered, but he looked fat and bad vs GB and didn't look much better vs DEN.

Over Fuller and Long?   Disagree on that 

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Over Fuller and Long?   Disagree on that 

Long was a good OG but probably a tad overrated just based on the fact that he was literally the only good player on the Bears for awhile. A fucking guard was the face of the franchise. Fuller was a really good pick now but he was a complete non-factor from the start for 3 years.

I was moreso referring to the fact that Emery got Leno in the 7th round and he has turned into one of the best LT's in football. I think finding a top 7 LT in the 7th round > a good OG or a Pro Bowl CB in the first round

14 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Long was a good OG but probably a tad overrated just based on the fact that he was literally the only good player on the Bears for awhile. A fucking guard was the face of the franchise. Fuller was a really good pick now but he was a complete non-factor from the start for 3 years.

I was moreso referring to the fact that Emery got Leno in the 7th round and he has turned into one of the best LT's in football. I think finding a top 7 LT in the 7th round > a good OG or a Pro Bowl CB in the first round

Leno has been up and down too. He went from below average to average and then slightly above last season. Credit to him, but not sure his body of work is "top 7" at all. He's a solid LT, but not elite. 

You are right about Fuller, but he was actually pretty good his rookie season and then was terrible after the coaching change (namely because he didn't fit the scheme). Last season, he was outstanding and so far this season he's off to a good start. I would say he's been the best pick by Emery.

Long was outstanding his first two years, then the injuries hit and pretty much took him from a hall of fame projectory to now a decent guard. But a LT and a DB are more valuable commodities in the NFL than a guard even if he was a damn good one at one point.

Just now, SoxAce said:

Leno has been up and down too. He went from below average to average and then slightly above last season. Credit to him, but not sure his body of work is "top 7" at all. He's a solid LT, but not elite. 

You are right about Fuller, but he was actually pretty good his rookie season and then was terrible after the coaching change (namely because he didn't fit the scheme). Last season, he was outstanding and so far this season he's off to a good start. I would say he's been the best pick by Emery.

Long was outstanding his first two years, then the injuries hit and pretty much took him from a hall of fame projectory to now a decent guard. But a LT and a DB are more valuable commodities in the NFL than a guard even if he was a damn good one at one point.

Kind of sad that our debate can only be made amongst 3 players since Emery made 3 good picks in 3 drafts 😂

Jeffery has been good but I'm referring to just Bears.

• Like 1

It is the NFL, but this seems like the end of his career.  Even next year, he will be 32 and I can't see a team bringing him in.

Watch Washington sign him tomorrow....

Edited by GoSox05

In a related move, the Patriots have also released owner Robert Kraft who was caught on tape involved in a sex ring that included trafficked humans.

Oh, wait.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

In a related move, the Patriots have also released owner Robert Kraft who was caught on tape involved in a sex ring that included trafficked humans.

Oh, wait.

Kraft has better lawyers and knows how to keep his mouth shut.

Pineiro injured his right knee in the weight room and is questionable. Pineiro declined to speak to reporters. Nagy said they're going to be "cautious."

Jesus christ

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

I wonder if he bumped his knee on a machine or something. Really odd

More likely soreness after squats or cleans. Hopefully, not a meniscal issue.

31 minutes ago, Quin said:

AB is a bad dude and losing his mind on twitter, but here he makes a salient point.

Nah, him being cut has a lot more to do with a long string of actions than one singular fuck up.   

52 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nah, him being cut has a lot more to do with a long string of actions than one singular fuck up.   

The point being that Kraft should be in a lot more shit. AB only makes the point cause he's playing darts with a shotgun.