NFL Thread 2019-2020

3 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

What's crazy is this move doesn't even make the Browns better. Chubb is legit and Hunt wasn't necessary at all for them. I guess Dorsey is showing some faith in his guy for probably Hunt's last shot at the NFL.

It is a head scratcher. Nick Chubb and Duke Johnson are a great duo. 

What makes me chuckle is the people that thought the video was the reason Ray Rice didn't get signed thought Kareem Hunt also wouldn't get signed. Idiots. Lots of the same people that think kneeling is the whole reason Kap hasn't been signed. Idiots.

Talent wins out. Always.

Backup QBs don't really fit my whole talent wins out thing. They're "backup" for a reason. Talent wins out.

I can't imagine Johnson goes for higher than a 3rd round pick. If the Bears think he is a good value who knows. I just don't know if he's too redundant with Cohen.

If you don't think back up Qb's need to be good or it's not worth having a good one.   I would like to point you to the Packers 2017 season. 

They might get a 3-4th round pick for him.  He is also has a cap hit of 3 million this year and 5 million next year.  Bears would have to trade one of their few draft picks and then add that money to their already limited cap space.  Not saying it's impossible, but it would be a lot for them right now.  They would probably be better just bringing in a undrafted free agent.

As far as a comparison to Cohen, I think Johnson is more of a traditional RB. 

Clearly the NFL agrees with me and disagrees with you. If Mahomes did the same thing as Kap I think he'd be in tht NFL. Talent wins out.

You're probably right about Johnson. I just know he's fast and can catch passes so he seems like a good fit  in Nagys offense.

Edited by Boogua

53 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I forgot there is no more need for back up QB's in the league.  It's not like starters ever get hurt. 

I don't think the Bears have the draft picks to trade for Johnson or the cap space for his deal. 

Bears, like every team in the NFL, can do quite a bit of maneuvering to lift their cap. I would not give up assets for Johnson however.

36 minutes ago, bmags said:

Bears, like every team in the NFL, can do quite a bit of maneuvering to lift their cap. I would not give up assets for Johnson however.

Yeah, he's a nice player, but I'm not sure he is worth moving money around or possibly cutting someone.

Especially when you already have two backs.  I bet they draft one late or sign undrafted free agent.