NFL Thread 2019-2020

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

And he supposedly got an even bigger offer elsewhere that he turned down to be closer to home.

He might have, but players say that a lot.  It's hard to prove how real it is. 

Besides the Rams and Packers I didn't really here of any other teams looking at him.  I guess it's not crazy that maybe someone like the Colts with tons of cap space didn't try.

It's only two years but $12M/year for Houston is a lot. As a situational pass rusher he wouldn't have made sense in Chicago, plus he likely wanted a bigger role than that. Good for the Colts though. Houston's hurt a lot and isn't the same player, but he'll immediately be one of the better players on that defense.

It's only two years but $12M/year for Houston is a lot. As a situational pass rusher he wouldn't have made sense in Chicago, plus he likely wanted a bigger role than that. Good for the Colts though. Houston's hurt a lot and isn't the same player, but he'll immediately be one of the better players on that defense.

Completely agree. @Heads22 should be pretty happy with this news.

Bears got quite a bit out of JH, but it was obvious he didn't fit in this particular offense. His role in Philly will probably be a 7-9 carry/game role, and it would've been less here. No one knows him better than this organization, and stats show he's declining, so maybe his body is as well. I wish him the best, but in his last year of his first deal, it makes sense to get whatever for him now.

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Bears got quite a bit out of JH, but it was obvious he didn't fit in this particular offense. His role in Philly will probably be a 7-9 carry/game role, and it would've been less here. No one knows him better than this organization, and stats show he's declining, so maybe his body is as well. I wish him the best, but in his last year of his first deal, it makes sense to get whatever for him now.

said it before but you could have a worse philosophy than drafting a rb every year and always trading them a year before free agency. Wont be lucrative but better then paying them.

Gives bears $2 mill more to play with.

36 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Silly Bears. Howard complimented Cohen so we'll. Bears losing their mind, I don't think they make playoffs next season. Stupid to get rid of Howard.

Yeah, silly Bears, trading a sub 4 ypc, slow, declining RB in the last year of his deal for a draft pick. Asinine to be exact

2 hours ago, Heads22 said:

You guys would be fortunate to get David Montgomery.

He reminds me too much of Howard. Give me Darrell Henderson

He had one mediocre season out of three and was coming on at the end of the year. I feel this is absolutely stupid. This ranks right up there with the Robbie Gould release (and Barf replacement). If you were going to get nothing why not keep him. This is essentially a seventh round pick. Awful move.  Worse when you consider the team acquiring him is a contender in the NFC. 

All that said...I get it and Nagy obviously didn’t want him.