NFL Thread 2019-2020

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Bears schedule leaks so far;

Week 1- Green Bay (TNF)

Week 5- @ Raiders (London)

Week 7- NYG

Week 13- @ Lions (Thanksgiving)

Week 15- New Orleans

I read somewhere that the Week 7 one might be wrong. Not that it really matters, since we'll find out tomorrow 

35 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Week 16 home vs KC

Week 17 in Lambeau

Cowboys week 15. Let's just hope they have the 1st round bye locked up by then :) 

Appears Saints is going to be week 7. 

Edited by TheTruth05
SAUCES

Thoughts on schedule

for how difficult their schedule is (ie playing NO, LAC, LAR, KC, Phi) they have a few nice breaks....

First part of the season...have a chance to be 5-0 going into BYE (not predicting it by any means - but should certainly be minimum 3-2 and hopefully 4-1. road games are against favorable opponents. Long week before they travel to Den. Oak loses home game by playing in London

really tough stretch coming off the bye, but.....at least we get NO playing outdoors and coming off a bye week. LAC at home followed by @ phi (feels like one of those two games will be flexed to primtime) is tough. 

Then Giants, @ lions again on thanksgiving. Kind of a bummer they dont get the extended week to host dallas and have to turn around again on the following thursday, but at least its at home.

Really important and tough stretch to end season - @ GB will be tough. At least we get KC at home in cold weather. @ min tough too, but vikings could be out of it by then potentially. 

Edited by daa84

That is so batsh*t but I love the idea of their draft room being the equivelant of a remote fantasy draft.

"Uh should we draft David Montgomery?"

"You idiot! HE's already been drafted! Keep your list up to date! Cross them out in red like I am!"

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

That is so batsh*t but I love the idea of their draft room being the equivelant of a remote fantasy draft.

"You idiot! HE's already been drafted! Keep your list up to date! Cross them out in red like I am!"

You do get the feeling that that's what its going to be like and that the two of them will just be sitting around a table arguing.

10 hours ago, bmags said:

I literally LOLd.  This can't be true, can it?  Is it more that they just want to essentially make the rest of their decisions without any further bias (i.e, just quiet time for them to relax because they have enough input)?  I have largely wondered that at this point, what more are you going to identify on individual players given all the scouting that is done leading into the draft?  

At what point do you end up making worse decisions because you over-think / over-analyze. 

Did Mayock and Gruden actually let go of all the scouts?  Essentially becasue they are all former McKenzie guys?