NFL Thread 2019-2020

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

This was an absolute genius move by Brown to get more money, and onto a contender. Idk if it was him or Rosenhaus, but whomever orchestrated it is brilliant. All Brown has to do is stay healthy and he's gonna get paaaiiid. 

he is not going to get more money.

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

he is not going to get more money.

With the way the NFL money situation is, I'd be shocked if he doesn't get more than 30M guaranteed next March. This was a ploy to get more money and onto a contender. He's not actually a whackjob. This was manufactured to get him out of his contract(which was to get Pittsburgh to trade him) and off of the Raiders. He felt underpaid. He (or Rosenhaus) orchestrated a brilliant ploy to get him out of his contract and to the UFA market. He's going to be a model citizen in NE. I'd be beyond shocked if he isn't. He's going to be 32 next year, so this was his last chance to get paid. He's getting half of his money back this year alone. This is pure brilliance. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

With the way the NFL money situation is, I'd be shocked if he doesn't get more than 30M guaranteed next March. This was a ploy to get more money and onto a contender. He's not actually a whackjob. This was manufactured to get him out of his contract(which was to get Pittsburgh to trade him) and off of the Raiders. He felt underpaid. He (or Rosenhaus) orchestrated a brilliant ploy to get him out of his contract and to the UFA market. He's going to be a model citizen in NE. I'd be beyond shocked if he isn't. He's going to be 32 next year, so this was his last chance to get paid. He's getting half of his money back this year alone. This is pure brilliance. 

He is a whackjob based on his behavior in Pittsburgh.  However this was orchestrated to get out if the Raiders because that organization is so messed up. He lost a guaranteed 20 million from this contract. He will not sign a big enough contract to make up for that. He was already going to be one of the highest paid receivers. 

9 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He is a whackjob based on his behavior in Pittsburgh.  However this was orchestrated to get out if the Raiders because that organization is so messed up. He lost a guaranteed 20 million from this contract. He will not sign a big enough contract to make up for that. He was already going to be one of the highest paid receivers. 

It all depends. If he plays this year out and makes the 15 million, he'd be a 2 year 39 mil contract with 20 mil guaranteed to make it equal. Julio Jones just set the WR market at 22 mil per year.

If Brown is successful in New England he could definitely find himself getting a big contract from someone (maybe think of Revis after he left Tampa to stay with New England for a year.

I think the odds of it happening are less than 50/50 because it's hard for me to believe that he gets through the season with the Patriots. However, if he does, and if he's as good as usual, he's going to get paid.

3 hours ago, Boogua said:

It all depends. If he plays this year out and makes the 15 million, he'd be a 2 year 39 mil contract with 20 mil guaranteed to make it equal. Julio Jones just set the WR market at 22 mil per year.

If Brown is successful in New England he could definitely find himself getting a big contract from someone (maybe think of Revis after he left Tampa to stay with New England for a year.

I think the odds of it happening are less than 50/50 because it's hard for me to believe that he gets through the season with the Patriots. However, if he does, and if he's as good as usual, he's going to get paid.

Exactly, but I think that Meme that Kyle posted is accurate. He's going to be fine from this point forward. He temporarily acted like a whackjob to get more money. It's genius, actually. 

After the old guard(Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rodgers);I'm struggling to find any tier 1 QBs outside of Mahomes. Wilson is on the edge. Wentz is Matt Ryan part deux. Watson has his warts. I don't watch anyone other than Mahomes that's under 30 years old that sticks out to me. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 hours ago, Boogua said:

Had he just kept his mouth shut in Pittsburgh he'd have gone into this season with 1 year left on his guarantee, Pittsburgh probably would have wanted to extend him this offseason for comparable money to Jones if he put up another 100 catch season. 

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Had he just kept his mouth shut in Pittsburgh he'd have gone into this season with 1 year left on his guarantee, Pittsburgh probably would have wanted to extend him this offseason for comparable money to Jones if he put up another 100 catch season. 

Yes. I believe the bolded parts were the issue.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Then don't compliment him on getting more money because he lost money to leave. 

He wants his cake and to eat it too. We also have no idea if Pittsburgh would have given him that money. They do pretty well with WRs and have JuJu. He very well could make the same amount that Pittsburgh or Oakland would have given him. We'll see.

1 minute ago, Boogua said:

He wants his cake and to eat it too. We also have no idea if Pittsburgh would have given him that money. They do pretty well with WRs and have JuJu. He very well could make the same amount that Pittsburgh or Oakland would have given him. We'll see.

They gave him what was at the time the biggest WR contract in history all the way back in February of 2017, and historically they had a pattern of adding to his deal in the offseason when other people got bigger salaries including before 2016.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

They gave him what was at the time the biggest WR contract in history all the way back in February of 2017, and historically they had a pattern of adding to his deal in the offseason when other people got bigger salaries including before 2016.

So before JuJu was drafted, let alone have a 1400 yard season. Maybe they would have kept increasing. We'll never really know. If you come up with some number that tops Julio, who knows, he could still get it. It only takes one organization...

• Like 1