NFL Thread 2019-2020

2 minutes ago, y2chae said:

If Mitch can't outplay Carr against the Broncos we're in trouble.

Carr is the better QB and was at home, so it wouldn't be that surprising. 

Denver is a tough place to play this time of year.  Although that Bears defense should just crush that Denver offense. 

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

I just will never get the three man rush.  I'm sure there is a reason that they do it, but it always seems to end up like this.

On the slant to Ginn that got them in range for the final field goal, the color analyst(don't know who it was sounded like Deihl) pointed out that the corners were way too far off and then you could see Brees gesturing to Ginn, and basically telling him he was going to him, and the corners never budged.  Spectacular breakdown

1 hour ago, y2chae said:

If Mitch can't outplay Carr against the Broncos we're in trouble.

I actually don't think Carr is that bad of a QB.  He played a great game and more importantly there oline kept him extremely clean (something the Bears oline didn't do against the Packers).  

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

On the slant to Ginn that got them in range for the final field goal, the color analyst(don't know who it was sounded like Deihl) pointed out that the corners were way too far off and then you could see Brees gesturing to Ginn, and basically telling him he was going to him, and the corners never budged.  Spectacular breakdown

I saw that as well.  I guess if you play press and Ginn beats the jam your really in trouble.

I guess in New Orleans if you score the go ahead TD, you better hope there isn't any time on the clock because Brees can march down that field so fast. 

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The last pass? The corners were too far away but so were the safeties, they were 25 yards down the field. They were playing against Brees trying to go over the top for a 50 yard touchdown and it helped them get the 7 yard completion. 

23 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The last pass? The corners were too far away but so were the safeties, they were 25 yards down the field. They were playing against Brees trying to go over the top for a 50 yard touchdown and it helped them get the 7 yard completion. 

Everything was bad

On 9/8/2019 at 12:12 AM, Jack Parkman said:

He's not actually a whackjob.

This post certainly has aged well:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/sports/football/antonio-brown-sexual-asssault-patriots.amp.html

According to the lawsuit, Brown sexually assaulted Taylor twice during training sessions in June 2017. First, he exposed himself and kissed her without her permission, the lawsuit says. Later that month, the lawsuit says, while she was watching a television program at his home, Brown started masturbating behind her and ejaculated on her back. Brown bragged about the incident in profane text messages that are copied in the lawsuit.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If he exposes himself and kisses you without permission, why are you at his house a month later watching a television program?

17 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

For sure, but they've had 1 week of bad QB play. It was the first time they've dealt with it over a full game since week 3 of last season. The overreactions are just getting to be a bit much. If the Bears stay healthy and finish 8-8, then the entire coaching staff deserves to be fired 

Not sure why them finishing around the 8-8 mark is that unthinkable for you.  Look at their schedule.  Show me where 10 or 11 wins come from in that list.

10 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Innocent until proven guilty. Brown is a prima donna but let's wait to see how the case plays out before determining his guilt. 

I agree, but he has not given himself a lot of good pub over the last year so it makes everything look that much worse

6 hours ago, soulfly said:

Not sure why them finishing around the 8-8 mark is that unthinkable for you.  Look at their schedule.  Show me where 10 or 11 wins come from in that list.

I've never really believed that strength of schedule matters. The more talented team will win more often than not, and there are only a few games (Eagles, Chiefs, Saints, maybe Rams) where you could argue that the Bears aren't the more talented team. A healthy, 8-8 season would be a massive disappointment.

• Like 1