NFL Thread 2019-2020

9 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Brady was not good from day one. I recognize the league standards were different, but his first full season was pedestrian and he had some up and down years (and this is coming from Tom Brady's #1 fan).  ANd even in that 2002 year, he had quite a few atrocious games.  3 games where he threw for < 135 yards.  My point in all of this is, TOm Brady, when he was young, had his fair share of turd games (which is what happened to Mitch this past week). None of those games in isolation meant that he stunk.  

Big Ben was pretty good from day 1, but he also had a season (his 3rd year), where he finished with a 75.4 QB Rating and had 18 TD to 23 INT (by no standard would that have been considered good).  And that was 3 years into the league.  Of the great QB's, about Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and Patrick Mahomes are about the only guys I can think of who basically just crushed it (or had a small adjustment before kicking ass for good).  

Peyton manning had an awful first year. more interceptions than touchdowns and a poor completion percentage. However, that was the only poor one.

9 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Brady was not good from day one. I recognize the league standards were different, but his first full season was pedestrian and he had some up and down years (and this is coming from Tom Brady's #1 fan).  And even in that 2002 year, he had quite a few atrocious games.  3 games where he threw for < 135 yards.  My point in all of this is, Tom Brady, when he was young, had his fair share of turd games (which is what happened to Mitch this past week). None of those games in isolation meant that he stunk.  

Big Ben was pretty good from day 1, but he also had a season (his 3rd year), where he finished with a 75.4 QB Rating and had 18 TD to 23 INT (by no standard would that have been considered good).  And that was 3 years into the league.  Of the great QB's, about Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and Patrick Mahomes are about the only guys I can think of who basically just crushed it (or had a small adjustment before kicking ass for good).  

You know what else Rodgers and Mahomes had? A decent offensive coach to learn from while they sat for a year(or in Rodgers' case, 3)

This is what I was getting at. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Not good

The way he speaks, the one thing I've noticed is, he doesn't come off as a guy with high confidence. Not sure if that is just him being humble or what?  Probably the one thing I've always noticed.  The reality is in this new era of instant overreaction (to extreme overreaction), that resiliency trait can be huge.  

6 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

It's important because of the context. You said "always." Do you know what "always" means?

Keep hanging your hat on that one win.  That's some meatball fan shit right there. 

They always fold when it matters most.  I know what I said.  I know what always means.  I never said they always lose against the Packers.

2018 NFL Champs of beating the Packers one time to clinch a division they were already going to win, Chicago Bears.  Did you buy the T-shirt they made celebrating that milestone?

7 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Keep hanging your hat on that one win.  That's some meatball fan shit right there. 

They always fold when it matters most.  I know what I said.  I know what always means.  I never said they always lose against the Packers.

2018 NFL Champs of beating the Packers one time to clinch a division they were already going to win, Chicago Bears.  Did you buy the T-shirt they made celebrating that milestone?

Did you buy the one where it says that they "always fold when it matters most?" If you think clinching the division at home against that team meant nothing because "hey they could've won it the next week in San Francisco in front of 45k people," you're wrong. Take the L and move on, chief.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Did you buy the one where it says that they "always fold when it matters most?" If you think clinching the division at home against that team meant nothing because "hey they could've won it the next week in San Francisco in front of 45k people," you're wrong. Take the L and move on, chief.

Lol. Ok bro.  You're the greatest fan, obviously.  Enjoy the 2018 clinch against the Packers trophy.

39 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Lol. Ok bro.  You're the greatest fan, obviously.  Enjoy the 2018 clinch against the Packers trophy.

At this point are you just angry for no reason? I'm actually pissed that they consistently stink vs Green Bay. Do you think I enjoy putting $890 a year into season tickets knowing the Bears recent history? This has nothing to do with being the greatest fan. It has to do with being factually wrong. Had you said "for the most part they consistently suck vs Green Bay," you would've never heard from me. Instead you said "they always fold vs the Packers." That just isn't correct

8 hours ago, bmags said:

Not good

Mitch “I was told not to talk about the Packers game” Trubisky.  And Nagy said he never told Mitch not to talk about it.  Already looking ridiculous.

Another bad outing or two and Bears fans will be calling for him to be benched and wanting to draft a QB high next year.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Mitch “I was told not to talk about the Packers game” Trubisky.  And Nagy said he never told Mitch not to talk about it.  Already looking ridiculous.

Another bad outing or two and Bears fans will be calling for him to be benched and wanting to draft a QB high next year.

Oh I'm sorry this isn't happening now?

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

At this point are you just angry for no reason? I'm actually pissed that they consistently stink vs Green Bay. Do you think I enjoy putting $890 a year into season tickets knowing the Bears recent history? This has nothing to do with being the greatest fan. It has to do with being factually wrong. Had you said "for the most part they consistently suck vs Green Bay," you would've never heard from me. Instead you said "they always fold vs the Packers." That just isn't correct

Again, I never said they always fold vs the Packers.  I said "they can't seem to beat the Packers and always fold when it matters the most.  Two different things.  I wish both of those things weren't the case, but in the past almost 10 years, it is what it is.

But trust me, I know the feeling though.  I used to go to every home game, but I had to stop.  Because, like I said, they always fold when it matters the most.  That and season tickets just kept getting more and more expensive.

I'm not sure why you and every other dope are making this into such a big deal. Trubisky said it while grinning and the entire media room laughed. He went on to answer not only that question but every question about the Packers game. This is a non-story.

• Like 1

In this scenario, I would say the problem is with nagy. So far he has said that the special team coach told him not to kick a field goal and the low number of carries was because trubiskey checked out of runs and that he didn't say anything to him about not talking to the press.

He is getting good at passing the blame.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 7:02 PM, soxfan49 said:

But it doesn't "always" happen since before Thursday, the prior meeting was a Bears win to clinch the division, so not "always."

I don't think any NFL game played by Todd Collins and Caleb Hanie for 50% of the game "should" result in a win for the team they're playing for.

Collins played in two games for the Bears and was 1-0 as a starter.

But, yes, Hanie was 0-4 as a starter.

41 minutes ago, knightni said:

Collins played in two games for the Bears and was 1-0 as a starter.

But, yes, Hanie was 0-4 as a starter.

Seriously?

In the game "he won" they beat the worst team in football & he was 10-27 with 68 yards, 0 TD's and 5 INT's.

In the NFCCG he was 0-4.

Yeah I'm bewildered how they "blew" that game with such a presence at the helm.

Edited by soxfan49
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

:lol:

Fun fact: I was at that game in Charlotte. Forte ran wild. It was also the hottest football game I've ever attended in my life. I just checked the box score and all that and it says it was 81 degrees. There's just no f***ing way. I was in the sun and it felt like 101.

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I would be all over that if I'm the Bears.

I don't think the Bears are in a position to continue to deplete there already depleted draft capital. I have long complained about it, but I really hate robbing from the future and think there are a few times where Pace wasted opportunities. That said, in general, Pace has done a good job. This game against Denver feels way bigger than it should and unfortunately it is really tough playing at mile-high (even if the Broncos aren't all that good and they too are coming in with a must win). The one thing I like (match-up wise) is that Flacco is very immobile which should play well to the Bears pass rush. The flip-side is the Broncos pass rush is superb and they are coming off a pathetic effort, so I see them coming out energized.  

This will be an important game where the Bears really need to start with the foot on the gas and grab the momentum early and go go go (without looking back).  

Fitzpatrick is a stud and will easily replace Prince (or Ha Ha) next season. I get where you're coming from in regards to Pace giving away picks, but this deal would be similar to Mack to me.. getting impact talent in their prime (Fitz is only 22). Bears are likely taking a DB next year in the draft with an early pick anyways. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Fitzpatrick is a stud and will easily replace Prince (or Ha Ha) next season. I get where you're coming from in regards to Pace giving away picks, but this deal would be similar to Mack to me.. getting impact talent in their prime (Fitz is only 22). Bears are likely taking a DB next year in the draft with an early pick anyways. 

We have two seconds as well next year