NFL Thread 2019-2020

Dolphins are going have three 1st round picks and 2nd round picks next year.

They need a QB, LT and CB.  They literally just had two of those covered, so now they are just redrafting the positions they traded away. 

Making a run for the worst franchise in football.

9 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Its a peculiar decision. I figured theyd test out Randolph and then go for a QB next year. 

That being said, if Ben is planning on coming back, maybe they think this sets them up better for next year as well. 

There's no reason Ben shouldn't be back unless he doesn't want to go through the rehab. It sounds like they are doing the surgery very soon though.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

There's no reason Ben shouldn't be back unless he doesn't want to go through the rehab. It sounds like they are doing the surgery very soon though.

He has been hinting at retirement for a few seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if he did with how bad the past few seasons have been for them.

that would be pretty rough if he did and they sent off their 1st rounder in what should be a down year 

17 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

He has been hinting at retirement for a few seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if he did with how bad the past few seasons have been for them.

that would be pretty rough if he did and they sent off their 1st rounder in what should be a down year 

They already said he is having surgery this week. He wouldn't be having surgery if he wasn't planning on returning.

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

Dolphins are going have three 1st round picks and 2nd round picks next year.

They need a QB, LT and CB.  They literally just had two of those covered, so now they are just redrafting the positions they traded away. 

Making a run for the worst franchise in football.

They have three 2's?I thought they had two 2's. Either way, that's a ton of picks. They also have a 3

Trading away Tunsil was weird but they got an absolute haul. Not sure they really NEED a corner because Xavien Howard is really good + Fitzpatrick is more of a NB/S hybrid. To get a 1, maybe even a top 12 pick for him right now, is a great deal for them.

12 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

A few more trades and the Dolphins might be the worst team in NFL history.

They might already be there. They don't have much more to trade. They won't be able to trade Howard with that contract and Kenyan Drake would probably only net them a 5th rounder.

Edited by soxfan49

1 hour ago, Soxbadger said:

From the Steelers perspective the trade then makes sense if they think he is better than anyone they could possibly draft next year.

Pretty huge risk to take given they could end up with a horrific record (without Big Ben). So that could be a top 5 pick.  

36 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

With teams like the Giants, Dolphins, Jets, Raiders,  Washington Football Franchise in this league?

Raiders aren't as bad as you indicate and I genuinely don't put the Jets in that camp (with Darnold back).  I don't think the JEts are great, but I can see Raider and JEts winning 6 to 7 games. The NFL is all about mediocrity so yes, I could see a Steelers team, which has relied heavily on a strong offense led by Big Ben taking a major step back (it isn't like they have an elite defensive unit).  

53 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Raiders aren't as bad as you indicate and I genuinely don't put the Jets in that camp (with Darnold back).  I don't think the JEts are great, but I can see Raider and JEts winning 6 to 7 games. The NFL is all about mediocrity so yes, I could see a Steelers team, which has relied heavily on a strong offense led by Big Ben taking a major step back (it isn't like they have an elite defensive unit).  

True and this could be the chance to get a new franchise QB in a deep QB draft, if they had a 1st round pick.

Plus there's talk of the Dolphins looking to Lawrence in 2021 and not taking a QB next which pushes more QBs lower in the first round.

Edited by ptatc

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

The Jets are going to be out Darnold for at least the next 2 games, which they then follow up with games against the Cowboys and Patriots. They're starting 0-6 barring a miracle. To win 7 games, they need to win 7 of their last 10 games. 

19 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The Jets are going to be out Darnold for at least the next 2 games, which they then follow up with games against the Cowboys and Patriots. They're starting 0-6 barring a miracle. To win 7 games, they need to win 7 of their last 10 games. 

But they do play a lot of awful teams in those final 10 games.

Edited by soxfan49

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Over Fuller and Long?   Disagree on that 

Long was a good OG but probably a tad overrated just based on the fact that he was literally the only good player on the Bears for awhile. A fucking guard was the face of the franchise. Fuller was a really good pick now but he was a complete non-factor from the start for 3 years.

I was moreso referring to the fact that Emery got Leno in the 7th round and he has turned into one of the best LT's in football. I think finding a top 7 LT in the 7th round > a good OG or a Pro Bowl CB in the first round

14 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Long was a good OG but probably a tad overrated just based on the fact that he was literally the only good player on the Bears for awhile. A fucking guard was the face of the franchise. Fuller was a really good pick now but he was a complete non-factor from the start for 3 years.

I was moreso referring to the fact that Emery got Leno in the 7th round and he has turned into one of the best LT's in football. I think finding a top 7 LT in the 7th round > a good OG or a Pro Bowl CB in the first round

Leno has been up and down too. He went from below average to average and then slightly above last season. Credit to him, but not sure his body of work is "top 7" at all. He's a solid LT, but not elite. 

You are right about Fuller, but he was actually pretty good his rookie season and then was terrible after the coaching change (namely because he didn't fit the scheme). Last season, he was outstanding and so far this season he's off to a good start. I would say he's been the best pick by Emery.

Long was outstanding his first two years, then the injuries hit and pretty much took him from a hall of fame projectory to now a decent guard. But a LT and a DB are more valuable commodities in the NFL than a guard even if he was a damn good one at one point.