NFL Thread 2019-2020

55 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

How about no comparisons at all? Does that make you feel good? It's probable that Pace made the wrong pick, yeah. Continuing to talk about it might change it, right?

And comparing the second best QB of the decade to him after one drive was a dumbass idea.

Wait, let me take a look at what Mahomes and Watson did today...  😭

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Comparing Trubisky to someone like Rodgers makes you look like the jackass that everyone around here knows you are, but as a Bears fan, it's asinine to use a laughing emoji to make fun of the QB of your favorite team in order to prove a point that isn't there. Stay hot.

You can be a Bears fan and still know your QB sucks.  Stay a homer.

Drafting Trubisky over Mahomes was basically the decision that cost the Bears a chance to be a dynasty.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

28 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You can be a Bears fan and still know your QB sucks.  Stay a homer.

Drafting Trubisky over Mahomes was basically the decision that cost the Bears a chance to be a dynasty.

Yeah, a dynasty. Sure. 

30 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Wait, let me take a look at what Mahomes and Watson did today...  😭

Take a look. That'll change things.

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Yeah, a dynasty. Sure. 

Take a look. That'll change things.

You don’t think that Mahomes on the Bears with their defense could’ve made them perennial division winners for years?

And I took a look at their stats...  how will it change things?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You don’t think that Mahomes on the Bears with their defense could’ve made them perennial division winners for years?

A division winner for years =/= a dynasty but ok

No one said people aren't realizing that Trubisky over Mahomes was mistake, even as a Bears fan. It's the laughing part that's just really fucking dumb. Are you actually laughing?

It's like the dopes who "LMAO Cease got called up too early" in the GDT's when Cease has a bad start. Are you really laughing or trying to be clever?

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Nobody wants to frame every damn nfl story or game around Trubisky. This thread is so boring because of it.

It’s tough to avoid the comparisons.  Look at the number of young QBs succeeding, in a league in which every rule change has been made to support offenses and protecting QBs.

23 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

A division winner for years =/= a dynasty but ok

No one said people aren't realizing that Trubisky over Mahomes was mistake, even as a Bears fan. It's the laughing part that's just really fucking dumb. Are you actually laughing?

It's like the dopes who "LMAO Cease got called up too early" in the GDT's when Cease has a bad start. Are you really laughing or trying to be clever?

I think the Bears could have won a Super Bowl with Mahomes, possibly more.  With Trubisky, I have zero hopes of that happening.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I think the Bears could have won a Super Bowl with Mahomes, possibly more.  With Trubisky, I have zero hopes of that happening.

As it's currently trending, you have a real good chance at being right. Obviously we have no idea about the former but yeah, odds are probably so. 

Regardless there's no sense in b****ing. There are a ton of what if's in my Bears fandom life and this would just be another. Hopefully he turns it around

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Nobody wants to frame every damn nfl story or game around Trubisky. This thread is so boring because of it.

Don't even try. He won't stop. It won't be his potential or coaching or athleticism or work ethic that gets him over the hump, it'll be because fans kept complaining and it magically changed the outcome

3 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

And I took a look at their stats...  how will it change things?

People who live in the past.........

• Like 1

The offense hasn't been as dynamic as it was last year, but the Rams wideouts are just always running wide open.  They have some good WR, but I've never seen wideouts running so wide open.  It's amazing, Goff sometimes throws to them and there isn't even a defender in view.

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

The offense hasn't been as dynamic as it was last year, but the Rams wideouts are just always running wide open.  They have some good WR, but I've never seen wideouts running so wide open.  It's amazing, Goff sometimes throws to them and there isn't even a defender in view.

I say the same thing when I watch the Chiefs. It's unbelievable

2 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

Wut?

I'm not sure about "most overrated" but he needs a lot of talent, specifically pass rush talent, to make his scheme work. He doesn't like to blitz, so if in this case Miller and Chubb aren't getting to the QB, it's a struggle.

35 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I'm not sure about "most overrated" but he needs a lot of talent, specifically pass rush talent, to make his scheme work. He doesn't like to blitz, so if in this case Miller and Chubb aren't getting to the QB, it's a struggle.

That is most defensive coordinators.  Every coordinator has up and down seasons, but Fangio has been one of the better ones over the past 10 years or so.

The Broncos defense is actually playing pretty well, the sack thing is a bit of a fluke.  Their offense is putting the defense in some really bad spots.  Did so about 3 times yesterday.

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

He's very good at developing young defensive talent.