NFL Thread 2019-2020

I kept wondering why we wouldn't have had a kicker signed or pretty much ready to sign (just in case).  Just watch Pinerio miss like the next 6 weeks.  It's okay...Mitch is throwing for 4+ TD's tonight.  No need to field goals :)

And we'll convert 4 2 point conversions too (no need to kick)!!! 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I kept wondering why we wouldn't have had a kicker signed or pretty much ready to sign (just in case).  Just watch Pinerio miss like the next 6 weeks.  It's okay...Mitch is throwing for 4+ TD's tonight.  No need to field goals :)

And we'll convert 4 2 point conversions too (no need to kick)!!! 

If Pineiro doesn’t play, Pace has some explaining to do.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

He's playing. He's not kicking on kickoffs though (limping noticeably in warmups). 

He was limping pretty bad. Would appear (visually) like a very questionable decision and one that I hope doesn't backfire (either in terms of a key miss and/or making the injury worse).  

Just WIN baby! 

• Like 1

I heard Joe Thomas interviewed (former Browns lineman) and he essentially said in his view, it takes 3 full seasons for a QB to actually learn to read the D.  Before that, they just got to play and a coaches job should be to help them get through progressions simple and play fast.  Essentially...don't let them be a pure drop-back QB, you have to scheme for them to enable them to play quick and be themselves. If you don't do it and let them just read the D, they just aren't ready yet given how complex NFL defenses are.  

Thought it was interesting.  Part of it goes to the fact that the Bears needs to find ways to enable quicker reads for Mitch and get him out of the pocket so he can read and react faster (and get the most of his strengths).  

Alright @Moan4Yoan, I was able to get rid of Parkman, what kind of bet will it take to get rid of you?  How about O/U on Trubisky TDs tonight at one?  If he throws two or more, you’re banned from this thread until the bye week, if he throw zero I’m out until then.  One TD and we both survive.  Sound good?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s thrown zero TDs all year, the game is already 25% over, and he looks bad so far.  What exactly are you afraid of?

1 TD?  Even a garbage QB can get 1 fluke TD.  The Giants rookie QB had 4 in his first game.  What are YOU afraid of?

Edited by Moan4Yoan