NFL Thread 2019-2020

19 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Why do teams keep on giving Case Keenum starting jobs.  He is really bad.

well not every team has a elite passer on the bench waiting to take over so they have to take a chance on a journeyman until they find the guy.   I know this is strange to you 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

well not every team has a elite passer on the bench waiting to take over so they have to take a chance on a journeyman until they find the guy.   I know this is strange to you 

I think I would take my chance with the rookie, couldn't be any worse.

Keenum definitely needs a perfect set-up like he had in minnesota, unfortunately there aren't that many jobs like that. Jags would have been better but foles > keenum.

Also is it just me or is chris thompson still clearly the best back in washington? Everytime that guy touches the ball it's electric but they just give him screens in garbage time.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Keenum definitely needs a perfect set-up like he had in minnesota, unfortunately there aren't that many jobs like that. Jags would have been better but foles > keenum.

Also is it just me or is chris thompson still clearly the best back in washington? Everytime that guy touches the ball it's electric but they just give him screens in garbage time.

Seems like the AP situation is mega weird for all involved.   Still productive but not the game changer he used to be.  Players like him, coaching staff wants to turn the page 

Obviously there was a reason the Packers cut Clinton-Dix but Packers fans on Twitter have been saying all offseason that he sucks (clearly he doesn't) and that Amos is better (debatable at best), so this makes me wonder what it is they saw. I guess because their defense was such a mess for the whole time he was there he didn't really get to play a role.

11 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Obviously there was a reason the Packers cut Clinton-Dix but Packers fans on Twitter have been saying all offseason that he sucks (clearly he doesn't) and that Amos is better (debatable at best), so this makes me wonder what it is they saw. I guess because their defense was such a mess for the whole time he was there he didn't really get to play a role.

They didn’t cut him they traded him.

12 hours ago, lostfan said:

He doesn't suck, but he did not play well his last two years in Green Bay and his half of season in Washington. 

He was taking really bad angles on deep passes and was late to come over in coverage.  His run defense was really bad, missed tackles, diving at feet and he generally seemed hesitant in his play.

He always had a game or two like he did in Washington.  His first pick was a perfect example, late on coverage, but the throw was floated right to him, now he made a good catch and run after, but if he was facing an even average QB on that play, the pass is completed for a 15-20 yard gain.

I'm not going to get into the who is better, Clinton-Dix or Amos.  It's been argued non stop for the past 5 months or whatever.  I can say after 3 games, I'm pretty happy with Amos, really sure tackles so far and the middle of the field deep has been a no go for opposing qb's.

Personally I really like HaHa, he seemed like a really cool dude when he was with the Packers and does a lot of really good off the field, I think he still has some things going in Green Bay still. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1