NFL Thread 2019-2020

37 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Never thought I would see a Rodgers GB home game where they got within the 10 yard line twice in the 4th quarter and didn't score 

It's probably never happened

11 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

He’s a very good running back. Glad to see him having an awesome game!!! 

I'm not sure about "very good." He got worse every year here. Brian Baldinger tore him apart on his weekly breakdowns earlier this week. GB's run defense just sucks and it makes it even more infuriating that Nagy decided to run the ball 12 or whatever times week 1.

36 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Never thought I would see a Rodgers GB home game where they got within the 10 yard line twice in the 4th quarter and didn't score 

No kidding.  I can't believe they didn't even attempt one running play when on the 1 yard line.  I know Jones was ineffective last night, but to not even try once with Jones or sneak it in with Rodgers is nuts.

1 hour ago, smalls2598 said:

No kidding.  I can't believe they didn't even attempt one running play when on the 1 yard line.  I know Jones was ineffective last night, but to not even try once with Jones or sneak it in with Rodgers is nuts.

It kind of seemed like the third down where they faked the run and Rodgers rolled out and ended up throwing it way out of bounds was a run for Rodgers but the Eagles ran up at him and covered the hole

5 hours ago, bmags said:

I woudl really like to see nagy add some of the eagles run concepts, and ravens run concepts honestly. Trubisky ain't lamar jackson but he's pretty fast.

It's amazing to me that Mitch hasn't ran out the pocket much this season. Dude was one of the top QBs in rush yards last season. Seems like ever since he took that dirty hit and injured his shoulder that he's been timid.

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

It's amazing to me that Mitch hasn't ran out the pocket much this season. Dude was one of the top QBs in rush yards last season. Seems like ever since he took that dirty hit and injured his shoulder that he's been timid.

Either he’s timid or the staff (probably rightly) decided not to risk it. But now it’s a question of how big of a risk it is if he’s not that good without his legs.

7 hours ago, SoxAce said:

No it's not that. They are playing him to contain and leaving a nickel near the LOS to force him to make reads downfield and make those throws. If he makes those then they'd back off but so far he hasn't (TD to Gabriel notwithstanding).