NFL Thread 2019-2020

27 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Nagy was very quiet about Roquan. Repeatedly said "it's personal." With the news that the car wasn't his and he wasn't at the scene, all signs unfortunately point to mental health stuff. Whatever it is, get well soon Ro

I think that is taking a big leap. He was on the sideline during the game. It is strange though. 

29 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think that is taking a big leap. He was on the sideline during the game. It is strange though. 

Maybe Ro thought being with his teammates would be best for himself

I'd find it weirder if they let him on the sideline had he missed meetings or curfew or something

4 hours ago, ptatc said:

Probably just to keep him learning the flow of the game and what to look for with different defenses. He'll be there with earpiece in ear.

Rehab is easy, rest.

Does this mean he'll still need surgery in the offseason? Usually when you hear about a "tear" in a ligament that usually doesn't fix itself. 

8 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Nagy was very quiet about Roquan. Repeatedly said "it's personal." With the news that the car wasn't his and he wasn't at the scene, all signs unfortunately point to mental health stuff. Whatever it is, get well soon Ro

Adam Schefter reported that Roquan was “behaving erratically” all week leading up to the game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DaTailGateShow/status/1178704644916355073?s=20

The interesting part is he has been at Halas Hall everyday. I wonder if this is a real personal issue (LT health / family / friend, etc) and the Bears are essentially being there for him and making sure they provide a family environment and treat him right while he gets things situated (some of which includes the fact that being close to his teammates is something that can help him as he deals with whatever the situation is).  

19 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Does this mean he'll still need surgery in the offseason? Usually when you hear about a "tear" in a ligament that usually doesn't fix itself. 

It's not the ligament they described it's the labrum which is meniscal cartilage. He probably could have surgery, it just depends on the stability of the joint during testing. Odds are he would not need surgery since it's his non-throwing shoulder.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

That is only a 5 year period. It's not like it is saying 15 wins is the most by a coach since Ditka.

Kind of a pointless stat.

He said since Lovie which is probably the last good coach the Bears have had. The fact Nagy already has more wins than the other two in barely a year and a month of coaching is very telling.

I'm just glad he's going to be back. 

Kwit was fantastic but if you know it's him back there it's easier to game plan around exploiting hte middle of the field in passing. That said, glad pagano recognized his excellent blitzing ability and maybe takes advantage.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

I'm not sure why more teams don't do what the Raiders are doing. Carr is just dinking and dunking but it's effective against this D. Don't let the pass rushers beat you, get it out quick and let your receivers run the yards.

Doing the exact opposite of what the Vikings did for the first 3 quarters