NFL Thread 2019-2020

Just now, soxfan49 said:

That isn't argument right now you miserable lowlife. The argument is that they "gave up too much." No shit they would be better with Mahomes or Watson. You're an absolute joke

Bwahahaha, they sure as shit “GAVE UP TOO MUCH”...  they gave up a #3 pick to draft a bum QB at #2.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

That isn't argument right now you miserable lowlife. The argument is that they "gave up too much." No shit they would be better with Mahomes or Watson. You're an absolute joke

Nothing worse than the guy who states the obvious but actually thinks he’s the only one who knows it.  Like it’s beyond embarrassing, but dude just keeps on going.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nothing worse than the guy who states the obvious but actually thinks he’s the only one who knows it.  Like it’s beyond embarrassing, but dude just keeps on going.

Dude, you are the biggest joke of all.  You had posts where nothing less than the Sox signing Cole would be acceptable and then backtracked cuz you know it isn’t happening.  Get a clue, dude.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Bwahahaha, they sure as shit “GAVE UP TOO MUCH”...  they gave up a #3 pick to draft a bum QB at #2.

But they didn't AT THE TIME you dipshit, and again that isn't the argument. He said:

Stupidly trading half the fucking draft to move up 1 spot when it was unneccessary increased the expectations for an inexperienced Trubisky. (I thought, "this guy better be Dan Marino" if you're going to trade away that much for him

He said it was unnecessary. It was necessary for Pace to get the guy he wanted. He said "I thought" which is past tense (third grade dude, try it out) which means AT THE TIME he thought they traded away too much for him. They did not. It's a fact, unless you think a 5th rounder is a lot and based on your seemingly low IQ, I imagine you may believe so.

Edited by soxfan49

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

You obviously don’t care about winning or terrible decisions being owned.

I care about winning as much as anyone here.  I just don’t find a need to be first person to write off a player/team or rush to judgment.  Remember when you said Giolito’s brief struggles earlier this year were “regression”?  Yeah, you looked like an asshole then and an even bigger one now.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

But they didn't AT THE TIME you dipshit, and again that isn't the argument. He said:

Stupidly trading half the fucking draft to move up 1 spot when it was unneccessary increased the expectations for an inexperienced Trubisky. (I thought, "this guy better be Dan Marino" if you're going to trade away that much for him

He said it was unnecessary. It was necessary. He said "I thought" which is past tense (third grade dude, try it out) which means AT THE TIME he thought they traded away too much for him. They did not. It's a fact, unless you think a 5th rounder is a lot and based on your seemingly low IQ, I imagine you may believe so.

The fact is our starting QB isn’t much better than our bum second string QB.  We all lose.

17 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

1) Yes and Ian Rapoport confirmed it, who by the way knows more about this stuff in his pinky than you do in your entire body.

2) No, but that doesn't mean they gave up "that much for him."

3) What are you not understanding? They didn't give up a lot. They overpaid by a 5th round pick. It's proven. It's a fact. I know what they gave up but it wasn't egregious or anything.

First, thanks for agreeing that Trubisky, while definitely an NFL-caliber QB, has shown nothing since the draft to have proved to be worth trading away 2 3rd rounders and a 4th, to move up 1 spot. 

Second, where are you getting the idea of "overpaid by a 5th round pick" from? 

Here are the facts, from wikipedia:

"The Bears moved up from the third overall pick by trading the San Francisco 49ers two third-round picks and a fourth-round pick.[29][30]"

Trubisky on wikipedia

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

Just now, Two-Gun Pete said:

First, thanks for agreeing that Trubisky, while definitely an NFL-caliber QB, has shown nothing since the draft to have proved to be worth 2 3rd rounders and a 4th.

"The Bears moved up from the third overall pick by trading the San Francisco 49ers two third-round picks and a fourth-round pick.[29][30]"

Trubisky on wikipedia

I never said he was. Pay attention. At the time that's what Pace felt was best. He absolutely hasn't shown enough. who said he has?

Also: The worth of a 5th round pick. Jesus hell what is wrong with you people? Look at the draft chart. Add up the numbers. Subtract them. It comes out to a 5th round pick, or don't and just believe me

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I care about winning as much as anyone here.  I just don’t find a need to be first person to write off a player/team or rush to judgment.  Remember when you said Giolito’s brief struggles earlier this year were “regression”?  Yeah, you looked like an asshole then and an even bigger one now.

“You are neither cold nor hot. So because you are lukewarm, I will spew you out of my mouth.”

2 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

First, thanks for agreeing that Trubisky, while definitely an NFL-caliber QB, has shown nothing since the draft to have proved to be worth trading away 2 3rd rounders and a 4th, to move up 1 spot. 

Trubisky on wikipedia

The trade would have been fine if Mitch ended up being the high end QB that Pace thought he was getting.  You can’t be afraid to overpay for a franchise QB.  The problem is you’ve got to be certain in your guy when paying that much and right now the early returns aren’t looking good on that front.

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I never said he was. Pay attention. At the time that's what Pace felt was best. He absolutely hasn't shown enough. who said he has?

Also: The worth of a 5th round pick. Jesus hell what is wrong with you people? Look at the draft chart. Add up the numbers. Subtract them. It comes out to a 5th round pick, or don't and just believe me

Well, wikipedia says you're wrong.

Two 3rd rounders > 1 5th rounder.

An average NFL fan could get his jollies off of homer Bears fans defending the drafting of Trubinskies.  Hilarious.  Absolutely pathetic losers.

The fact is that his sorry ass ain’t winning the Bears any Super Bowls so why defend him?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

3 hours ago, SoxAce said:

That throw wasn't great, but an elite WR catches that ball. Miller has had alot of drops this year already.

Miller is a headcase. I said it a ton..everyone around here annoited him before he should. Dude runs weak routes and thinks he is way better than he is. Unfortunate cause he actually has skill but if he keeps this up, he will never live up to it. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

An average NFL fan could get his jollies off of homer Bears fans defending the drafting of Trubinskies.  Hilarious.  Absolutely pathetic losers.

The fact is that his sorry ass ain’t winning the Bears any Super Bowls so why defend him?

Who is defending him?  Are you actually creating false narratives so you have something new to whine about?

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Well, wikipedia says you're wrong.

Two 3rd rounders > 1 5th rounder.

You just are not understanding. Let me assist:

Bears trade picks 3 (2200), 67 (255), 111 (72) and a 3rd rounder the next year (counts as a 4th since it's the next year- let's call it 112, top of round 4).

Bears receive pick 2 (2600).

2200 + 255 + 72 + 112 = 2639

2639 - 2600 = 39 = equivalent to pick 133 which is a 5th round pick

Wow that took me 3 minutes! See how difficult?

Edited by soxfan49

Wtf y'all find something better to do with you lives than being meatballs bickering on a message board.

Bears lost a game they should have won. They aren't as good as they should be.

Packers are killing it this year. Bears have an uphill battle. We will see what they're made of now. If it doesnt work out, tough shit, what else are you used to?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Wtf y'all find something better to do with you lives than being meatballs bickering on a message board.

Bears lost a game they should have won. They aren't as good as they should be.

Packers are killing it this year. Bears have an uphill battle. We will see what they're made of now. If it doesnt work out, tough shit, what else are you used to?

Good post. And this is still a good team. Move on to the next one. 

Jacobs average almost 5 yards per carry on 26 totes, and they had zero sacks, where is the culpability for this vaunted defense? They get their fair share of credit for this crap today. They got manhandled by a medicore football team. Blame Nagy or Mitchell standing around in street clothes, but the defense let this one get away. 

Edited by kwolf68