NFL Thread 2019-2020

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I hope you're wrong. Truly. 

I really believe he is. They just missed on Trubisky. It was a very bad draft pick and race had nothing to do with it. At least I hope that's the case. The Bears did have Vince Evans as QB at one time.

3 hours ago, Soxfest said:

Book is out on wonder boy Nagy

This is probably the truest statement. His offense just isn’t good right now. I will hope somehow everyone benefits from those last two empty tds and it somehow gives them some confidence and swagger heading into Charger game.

1 hour ago, pettie4sox said:

Some people are so prideful that yes they would rather make it about that than winning.  I'm not trying to stir shit up tbh but there has been some shit popping regarding it that makes me go hmmm but whatever Trubisky is the man until he is cut at this point.  That's on Pace.

What "shit is popping regarding it?"

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

So is everyone willing to admit that Trubisky sucks, the defense is overrated and Pace and Nagy should be whacked in January yet? 

I thought you were going to type and then wait 30 minutes to post from here on. That lasted, what, 4 days?

17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

So is everyone willing to admit that Trubisky sucks, the defense is overrated and Pace and Nagy should be whacked in January yet? 

I'm not sure I dump Pace and Nagy 1 year after a solid playoff run, but I am open to other QB options right now, with them on the clock. 

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I thought you were going to type and then wait 30 minutes to post from here on. That lasted, what, 4 days?

No this is a real thought. I've been thinking about this one since the game ended. It's still valid. Not an overreaction. This was Marc Trestman level bullshit today. 

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I'm not sure I dump Pace and Nagy 1 year after a solid playoff run, but I am open to other QB options right now, with them on the clock. 

For shits and giggles let's assume the Bears finish 7-9 this year. The Bears will have been 21-41 in Pace's other 4 seasons besides last year, and 33-45 overall(5 seasons) That's worthy of a firing. His two chosen QBs(supposedly) were Trubisky and Mariota. That's worthy of a firing. There is no reason to handcuff the new GM with Nagy, so let the new guy pick his own coach. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 minutes ago, pcq said:

Wow Josh Allen is actually slowly surely coming around while Mitch has already peaked. Maybe the Astros could salvage his career. 

It's amazing what happens when you have an offensive line that actually blocks.

It would be nice to see the Bears line actually open a hole for an RB. I don't think I've seen one all year. My seats are in the south end zone so you can see when holes open or not.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Wow Josh Allen is actually slowly surely coming around while Mitch has already peaked. Maybe the Astros could salvage his career. 

Josh Allen had a meh day against the Dolphins. They're the only team that could make him look semi-competent. 

A lot of young QBs are getting exposed recently, especially Goff and Wentz. Neither are anywhere close to the Franchise QBs that they're cracked up to be. Even Mahomes and Watson aren't as good as they were in 2018. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

It's amazing what happens when you have an offensive line that actually blocks.

It would be nice to see the Bears line actually open a hole for an RB. I don't think I've seen one all year. My seats are in the south end zone so you can see when holes open or not.

The strange part of all of this, is that Nagy seems to have no plan. Ive seen teams with bad lines before figure out ways to make things happen. But for a coach who is supposed to be an offensive guy, he really just lets the offense stagnate.

Bubble screen to Cohen? Screen passes? Fly sweeps? These are all the type of things that are done to take advantage of the defense when they are getting up field to fast. 

Another problem is that Trubisky is completely adverse to check downs. Many times there are rbs who can get 5 yard passes and he goes downfield. 

Its a hard team to watch on offense right now, and it starts at the top. 

7 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm willing to admit he sucks like most QB's when he doesn't have time to throw. The biggest difference in the team is the poor play of the OL. At least last year he could run when he couldn't find a receiver , he doesn't even have a pocket to run from this year.

11 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

No this is a real thought. I've been thinking about this one since the game ended. It's still valid. Not an overreaction. This was Marc Trestman level bullshit today. 

I think this is the key word: "today." That was the first time, IIRC, Nagy's lost by more than 10. I could be wrong. Point I'm getting at is why I can see them firing Pace for the reasons you listed above, I don't think I'd fire Nagy yet. Even if they go 6-10 this season, he would be 18-14 after two years, and while I know that makes him a lame duck going into 2020, that's no longer a big deal and it happens quite often now. Nagy isn't a dumb guy so I'm sure he knows Trubisky stinks. The only way I can see him sticking around is if he and Pace agree to let Pace do the draft like usual except the one pick where they take a QB, it's Nagy's choice.

As for Trubisky, yes he sucks. I've done my best to remain optimistic but he's just not good and I can't see him ever being good.

The defense being overrated? I don't think so. I think Hicks is the guy who brings a nastiness and probably is the glue guy. Right now, all they have is Mack who can rush the passer. I know they beat MIN without Hicks but that may have been pure adrenaline + MIN's OL isn't very good. Floyd, as I saw someone put in another forum, is as useless as tits on a bull. Irving and Lynch are horrendous. Roquan looks like he hasn't gotten much better this year and Jackson isn't near the football as much now. So yes, perhaps a tad overrated but they had a great first 4 weeks.

Even seeing Trevor Lawrence struggle in his second year (a bit), you just can't evaluate a QB with just one year starting in college.Defenses took away all of Trubisky's comfort plays, and he just cannot adjust.

It sucks, there is no easy path forward for bears. Andy Dalton has to be the move. He has a very reasonable deal.

If the Bears are done with Trubisky, you have to fire the GM right?  He traded up to the 2nd overall spot and took a bad QB and passed on two superstar qb's. 

Not to mention some of his other mistakes.  The whole RB situation, Anthony Miller looks like a 2nd round bust.  Overpaid average players, Burton and Gabriel. 

The way he has drafted in general has been more bad than good.  He trades away a lot of picks to move up.

Edited by GoSox05
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

If the Bears are done with Trubisky, you have to fire the GM right?  He traded up to the 2nd overall spot and took a bad QB and passed on two superstar qb's. 

Not to mention some of his other mistakes.  The whole RB situation, Anthony Miller looks like a 2nd round bust.  Overpaid average players, Burton and Gabriel. 

The way he has drafted in general has been more bad than good.  He trades away a lot of picks to move up.

That would be a mistake.  That defense as built is pretty darn good and he didn't start with much.  You just don't fire a GM when they build a team like last year's.

It's up to Pace to pull the plug on Trubisky early.

Edited by Eloy Jiménez

23 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

It starts with him, yea. I don't think the Bears will part ways with Pace yet but if Trubisky busts (which is all but true now) then they have to roll with a veteran QB and give Nagy a chance to prove he's not part of the problem as well. I honestly do believe Nagy has some underlying issues as well but I wouldn't be opposed to letting him get 1 more season with an acquirable vet (not using draft capital which will be tough to pull anyway)

Pace should be gone just based on his draft misses.

Edited by TheTruth05