NFL Thread 2019-2020

20 hours ago, Boogua said:

I think Cunnigham and Romo should be higher on this list. 

Rivers is a better player than Cutler, but they both have a style of play that was like wow this guy is really good or how is this guy in the league play. 

Rivers gets the ball yesterday down 2 points, needs only a field goal and it might be the only chance at keeping playoff chances alive.  1:07 on the clock and three timeouts against an ok defense at best.  He went 0-6 with an interception, could have been 0-7 if not for a penalty.  That's part of the reason he never goes any where in the playoffs.

41 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I think they have a pretty decent shot to make the playoffs this year. 

They have two first round picks next year and cap space. 

I still think trading Mack was a bad move, but it's not hurt them as much as I thought.

Oh for sure, but when teams have their OT's healthy they're going to struggle to play the way they did last night. Crosby and Ferrell have bright futures but they were great yesterday only because of LA's OT situation, imo.

20 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

You probably know this better than me, but it really just depends on the person. Some people can take the negative comments and use it to drive them to be better.

Im not saying that trait is ultimately what it takes to be a successful professional athlete, but it sure does come in handy in any field where your performance is open to outside criticism. 

The younger athletes have grown up with the "positivity" environment. Most do not handle negativity very well. Or should I say they, they handle positivity better. 

2 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

The Raiders are good and they fooled us all.

They are playing a style of football on offense that other teams aren't used to, 330 lbs. offensive lineman and a big back to beat the snot out of the other teams. Everyone laughed at Gruden staing he couldn't win with 90's attitude football. He's not going to win the Superbowl but he's going to have a winning team.

Just now, Soxfest said:

Nagy really close too being tuned out and completely losing the locker room

If he hasn’t already, I don’t want to see what that looks like. If this offense keeps this up all year, he has to be fired.  He makes Trestman look like an offensive guru