NFL Thread 2019-2020

1 minute ago, GoSox05 said:

The Bears threw the ball almost 50 times last night and had 199 passing yards.  Not good.

There is very little about the Bears that is good right now. The quarterback is just part of all the multiple problems. At least Nagy knows it, because he demonstrates he has no confidence in this team.  There is no reason to watch them. The season was over a long time ago.

When Mitch was taken out, I was watching, there was not one medical person talking to him at all.  All I am going to say is, there was a lot that went wrong in that game beyond anything Mitch did.  But Mitch is still the QB. I thought he had a pretty good 1st half and when you look at Miller...dude literally created that pick and than another handful of drops. There was also a throw that Mitch made down the sideline to Cohen that Nagy was quite frustrated at Cohen for as Mitch made a back shoulder ball (which is the only spot he could put it) and Cohen just wasn't at all in the right spot. If he was, it would have been a big play (and if I recall it was on 3rd down).  Would have put the Bears in scoring range.  A lot of little things add up to a lot of big things.  Very rarely (albeit at the game I may not always have the right angle) did I feel I was watching a QB make a ton of mistakes).  Again, TV might say otherwise. 

Mitch actually looked relatively quick in his decision making.  The questionable option play happened right in front of me and that was destined for disaster).  Who knows, maybe Daniels will come in and show they have some actual talent but I wouldn't expect it.   

30 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

When Mitch was taken out, I was watching, there was not one medical person talking to him at all.  All I am going to say is, there was a lot that went wrong in that game beyond anything Mitch did.  But Mitch is still the QB. I thought he had a pretty good 1st half and when you look at Miller...dude literally created that pick and than another handful of drops. There was also a throw that Mitch made down the sideline to Cohen that Nagy was quite frustrated at Cohen for as Mitch made a back shoulder ball (which is the only spot he could put it) and Cohen just wasn't at all in the right spot. If he was, it would have been a big play (and if I recall it was on 3rd down).  Would have put the Bears in scoring range.  A lot of little things add up to a lot of big things.  Very rarely (albeit at the game I may not always have the right angle) did I feel I was watching a QB make a ton of mistakes).  Again, TV might say otherwise. 

Mitch actually looked relatively quick in his decision making.  The questionable option play happened right in front of me and that was destined for disaster).  Who knows, maybe Daniels will come in and show they have some actual talent but I wouldn't expect it.   

By Mitch standards he wasn't bad yesterday.  He isn't good at all but I agree that he was not the main problem with the offense yesterday.  I think Nagy has been a complete disaster this year with his play calling.  I think Mitch not being good drives a lot of that but it is inexcusable even with Mitch not being good for this offense to be no better than the Dolphins, Jets, etc. but here we are.

22 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

That play where Cohen was running down the sidelines and had like three steps on a LB should have been a big play.  Trubisky threw it to his back shoulder and out of bounds.  He has some of the worst accuracy to sidelines I have ever seen. 

So on that play, Nagy was yelling at Cohen and pointing out what he should have been doing. It happened right where I was sitting and from my angle looked entirely like a ball Cohen should have caught (if he went back shoulder and from where Cohen was...I didn't see a good angle on him making the catch over the LB (given how small Cohen is).  The reality is, this is an offense where no one is playing synchronized with each other. So many bad routes / miscommunications between QB and WR. Completely inexecuseable for a team in its 2nd year in a system.  That to me goes back to COACHING.  This team is just rarely well prepared and when you combined all of the basic issues they make with the fact that Mitch has not been good and the wideouts lead the team in drops and that the team can't consistently run  block or that it has the worst TE production in like NFL history...and welp...you end up with a very very very bad offense.  

20 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

When will they fire Pace and Nagy. When? They don't deserve another season. While this isn't quite Trestman bad it's getting closer by the week. Trestman's issue was a defense that couldn't stop anyone. Nagy's issue is an offense that can't score. 

They aren't getting fired Jack.  You can stop wondering until next year

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

So on that play, Nagy was yelling at Cohen and pointing out what he should have been doing. It happened right where I was sitting and from my angle looked entirely like a ball Cohen should have caught (if he went back shoulder and from where Cohen was...I didn't see a good angle on him making the catch over the LB (given how small Cohen is).  The reality is, this is an offense where no one is playing synchronized with each other. So many bad routes / miscommunications between QB and WR. Completely inexecuseable for a team in its 2nd year in a system.  That to me goes back to COACHING.  This team is just rarely well prepared and when you combined all of the basic issues they make with the fact that Mitch has not been good and the wideouts lead the team in drops and that the team can't consistently run  block or that it has the worst TE production in like NFL history...and welp...you end up with a very very very bad offense.  

Cohen had a few steps and that throw didn't need to be back shoulder. Another bad throw by Mitch.

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

They aren't getting fired Jack.  You can stop wondering until next year

That's insanity imo. They should have been fired weeks ago. To give them another season is to punt 2020 before it's even started. 

Pace doesn't have the cojones to ditch Mitch. Nagy hates Trubisky. It just leads to another season of total dysfunction. If you think this year's bad, wait until 2020 with those guys back. Get your popcorn ready. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

12 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

That's insanity imo. They should have been fired weeks ago. To give them another season is to punt 2020 before it's even started. 

Pace doesn't have the cojones to ditch Mitch. Nagy hates Trubisky. It just leads to another season of total dysfunction. If you think this year's bad, wait until 2020 with those guys back. Get your popcorn ready. 

Yea I know, you fire everyone after two years if not sooner. We know.  You don't have to keep repeating yourself 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Firing a coach after he has a half a bad season or even after one bad season is something teams like the Browns and Dolphins do all the time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Are you trying to get me to go away? 

I'm not a negative Nancy 100% of the time, just when it's warranted. 

I'm not trying to get anyone to go away.  I'm trying to get you to stop repeating yourself and ruining one of the few threads on this site that I honestly love.  I can't even parse through this thread anymore without coming across you firing people and benching people and throwing out hot take after hot take.   I avoid multiple threads for the same reason.   The baseball offseason is long as fuck and now the bears suck and I have to deal with that too as well as you saying the same shit all week.  Come up with another fucking talking point for Christ sake, I would rather read GoSox05 passive aggressive packers shit

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I'm not trying to get anyone to go away.  I'm trying to get you to stop repeating yourself and ruining one of the few threads on this site that I honestly love.  I can't even parse through this thread anymore without coming across you firing people and benching people and throwing out hot take after hot take.   I avoid multiple threads for the same reason.   The baseball offseason is long as fuck and now the bears suck and I have to deal with that too as well as you saying the same shit all week.  Come up with another fucking talking point for Christ sake, I would rather read GoSox05 passive aggressive packers shit

Can you give me a logical explanation for why Pace should keep his job? 

Not to mention that Mack has been a complete non-factor for the last 6 weeks and the trade looks like a disaster at this point. 

The bottom line is that there's really no use discussing anything about the Bears until Pace and Nagy are gone. This is a huge clusterfuck. 

Nagy is an awful playcaller and Pace is an awful GM. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Not to mention that Mack has been a complete non-factor for the last 6 weeks and the trade looks like a disaster at this point. 

The bottom line is that there's really no use discussing anything about the Bears until Pace and Nagy are gone. This is a huge clusterfuck. 

Thank you for yet again repeating yourself

49 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The trade looks like a disaster? Quit while you're behind. Guys on occasion go through a rough patch. Donald had 1 sack in his first 5 games this year. The Raiders used that pick for Josh Jacobs, who's a good player and would be a mediocre one here with this OL. No sane person would take a good RB over a great edge rusher. 

22 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

The trade looks like a disaster? Quit while you're behind. Guys on occasion go through a rough patch. Donald had 1 sack in his first 5 games this year. The Raiders used that pick for Josh Jacobs, who's a good player and would be a mediocre one here with this OL. No sane person would take a good RB over a great edge rusher. 

It would be one thing if Mack was still getting pressures but no sacks. He's been completely invisible for 6 weeks. One has to question if he's no longer an elite talent. 

I think Nagy is probably not the guy, but they aren't getting rid of him in the off-season.  Pace has done some good and some bad.  Guys miss on QB's.  And while I'd like to say he missed bad on TEs (Simms & Shaheen), I can't really blame him for Burton. Burton was a productive player all of last season.  No one could have expected him to fall of the wagon this badly.  

My one caveat is, I've long said you can't give up all your future cache in capital...it just doesn't work.  I've argued with posters for years about it here and I'd say it again, would I feel better knowing I have Miller or better knowing I"d have had my picks in the years I need them?  I'll take the picks. Even Mack, I go back to the fact that as explosive as he was...we mortgaged the future without knowing what our QB was (I get it...you make that bet) but 2 1sts plus a massive contract that tie-up cap space was always going to be a steep price. Worthwhile price for this defense though.

And this team could bounce back...they could sign Newton in the offseason, he proves totally healthy and bam.  My major issue is whether Nagy is the right guy offensively.  I think the reality is this offense is a freaking train wreck. Receivers running poor routes, bad spacing on plays, inability to run the football. Mitch is an issue too...but I don't know that QB solves all of the things we are seeing on offense.  

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

It would be one thing if Mack was still getting pressures but no sacks. He's been completely invisible for 6 weeks. One has to question if he's no longer an elite talent. 

In the first 4 weeks he had 5 sacks and 4 FF. If you're implying he went from elite to not in a month and a half, I once again present the idea of quiting while you're behind.

The broadcast literally highlighted the fact that he was being double and triple teamed 3 times on Sunday, to the point where they finally dropped him into coverage. Bears OLB coach said the same for the Lions game. No elite talent gets through 2-3 blocks at a time, dude. If Floyd and Lynch weren't useless he would probably get more looks.

14 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

In the first 4 weeks he had 5 sacks and 4 FF. If you're implying he went from elite to not in a month and a half, I once again present the idea of quiting while you're behind.

The broadcast literally highlighted the fact that he was being double and triple teamed 3 times on Sunday, to the point where they finally dropped him into coverage. Bears OLB coach said the same for the Lions game. No elite talent gets through 2-3 blocks at a time, dude. If Floyd and Lynch weren't useless he would probably get more looks.

Wrong. That is the definition of an elite pass rusher. One that can beat double and triple teams. I've seen the best pass rushers have a TE, T, and G on them and still pressure the passer anyway. 

If he can't beat double and triple teams, he's not an elite pass rusher. Sorry. The best of the best can be stopped temporarily, but they still make an impact and get theirs. Peppers was had at least a T and TE on him one every damn play and still got his. Same with other elite pass rushers. 

It also could be that he's so deflated by the lack of offense that his gaf meter is on idgaf anymore. We'll see next year.  

Edited by Jack Parkman