NFL Thread 2019-2020

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Wrong. That is the definition of an elite pass rusher. One that can beat double and triple teams. I've seen the best pass rushers have a TE, T, and G on them and still pressure the passer anyway. 

If he can't beat double and triple teams, he's not an elite pass rusher. Sorry. The best of the best can be stopped temporarily, but they still make an impact and get theirs. Peppers was had at least a T and TE on him one every damn play and still got his. Same with other elite pass rushers. 

It also could be that he's so deflated by the lack of offense that his gaf meter is on idgaf anymore. We'll see next year.  

In Mack's defense, it is much easier to be schemed against when you have an offense that can't score and therefore teams can easily make decisions to punt a series and play more conservative on offense. The Rams very rarely put Mack in any situation where he could make a play. Heck, he could have  been unblocked on most of the passing plays and he wouldn't have had a chance to make a play (because of the scheme).  If this team could play with leads and had an offense even at all fearful...I think you'd see more "splash" plays from Mack. Either way, he's still a tremendous player.  

17 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

In Mack's defense, it is much easier to be schemed against when you have an offense that can't score and therefore teams can easily make decisions to punt a series and play more conservative on offense. The Rams very rarely put Mack in any situation where he could make a play. Heck, he could have  been unblocked on most of the passing plays and he wouldn't have had a chance to make a play (because of the scheme).  If this team could play with leads and had an offense even at all fearful...I think you'd see more "splash" plays from Mack. Either way, he's still a tremendous player.  

The Bears still have some things going for them but I don't trust Pace and Nagy to fix their issues. It's not 100% bad, but that doesn't change the fact that the impact players on their defense are older and likely to decline sooner rather than later. 

They have to fix their issues quickly. They have 3 seasons maximum to get their shit together. 

If they can get Cam Newton this winter you do it. Just put your best foot forward. 

I wish that getting Nick Foles was possible because he'd be perfect for this offense. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I'm not trying to get anyone to go away.  I'm trying to get you to stop repeating yourself and ruining one of the few threads on this site that I honestly love.  I can't even parse through this thread anymore without coming across you firing people and benching people and throwing out hot take after hot take.   I avoid multiple threads for the same reason.   The baseball offseason is long as fuck and now the bears suck and I have to deal with that too as well as you saying the same shit all week.  Come up with another fucking talking point for Christ sake, I would rather read GoSox05 passive aggressive packers shit

Hey, I think I've been pretty chill about the Packers and how they are doing really awesome right now and Aaron Rodgers is just so good. 

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Wrong. That is the definition of an elite pass rusher. One that can beat double and triple teams. I've seen the best pass rushers have a TE, T, and G on them and still pressure the passer anyway. 

If he can't beat double and triple teams, he's not an elite pass rusher. Sorry. The best of the best can be stopped temporarily, but they still make an impact and get theirs. Peppers was had at least a T and TE on him one every damn play and still got his. Same with other elite pass rushers. 

It also could be that he's so deflated by the lack of offense that his gaf meter is on idgaf anymore. We'll see next year.  

Right.

No elite pass rusher can beat a TE, T and G on a play. Sorry. These aren't chips or dives at the knees. These are full blown blocks. 

Donald did nothing on Sunday when Daniels and Whitehair blocked him.

Edited by soxfan49

5 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Bears still have some things going for them but I don't trust Pace and Nagy to fix their issues. It's not 100% bad, but that doesn't change the fact that the impact players on their defense are older and likely to decline sooner rather than later. 

They have to fix their issues quickly. They have 3 seasons maximum to get their shit together. 

If they can get Cam Newton this winter you do it. Just put your best foot forward. 

I wish that getting Nick Foles was possible because he'd be perfect for this offense. 

Yeah since he's had such a good career and his lower half isn't completely shot or anything, not to mention how terrific of a guy he is

7 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Trubisky is starting Sunday.

What an amazing recover from that 'injury'.  Kudos to the blue tent staff on Sunday night.  Kudos to the trainers.

Kudos to them for ensuring Mitch missed zero practices and zero games with that 'injury'.

What would the benefit have been keeping him in? They were down 2 scores with 2 minutes left. He could have only aggravated it

And if they were benching him, why do it for 2 minutes? They could've easily put him on IR and ended his year

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

What would the benefit have been keeping him in? They were down 2 scores with 2 minutes left. He could have only aggravated it

And if they were benching him, why do it for 2 minutes? They could've easily put him on IR and ended his year

... I LOL'd. Nicely done. 

Could someone explain to me why everyone hates Miller? I think the dude has talent and I'm tired of Nagy throwing him under the bus constantly to cover for Trubisky's incompetence. 

They'd be stupid to give up on him after 2 years when he's not the problem with the offense. He did have 7 TD as a rookie. He's open often and it's not his fault that Mitch can't hit him 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Could someone explain to me why everyone hates Miller? I think the dude has talent and I'm tired of Nagy throwing him under the bus constantly to cover for Trubisky's incompetence. 

They'd be stupid to give up on him after 2 years when he's not the problem with the offense. He did have 7 TD as a rookie. He's open often and it's not his fault that Mitch can't hit him 

I don't think Trubisky's incompetence is related to Miller's incompetence. Trubisky sucks and Miller is an idiot. They threw him under the bus when Daniel played against Oakland. He's just not a very smart player and shows that often

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I don't think Trubisky's incompetence is related to Miller's incompetence. Trubisky sucks and Miller is an idiot. They threw him under the bus when Daniel played against Oakland. He's just not a very smart player and shows that often

If he cleans up the taunting/shoving he's a good player. Just my opinion but taunting shouldn't be a penalty in the NFL. If you don't want your opponent to trash talk, play better. Beat him and make him STFU. 

Trash talk has always been a part of sports. 

Deion Sanders would have been flagged on every play. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

That was an awful pass. Miller was open and threw it right into coverage. Miller had to cut in to try to catch that pass. 

Spielman, naturally, trying to shift the blame to Miller. If Miller really is this stupid, they need to sit his ass down. Subsequently if Trubisky is this bad, they need to find another QB