NFL Thread 2019-2020

So fucking happy Mitch has strung together some good games. Didn't like that pick he threw (not sure if that was to Miller or if he just overthrew Wims who was cutting under).  Still, decision making and speed of getting ball out was quicker...but damn, the use of his legs was huge as well.  Let's keep stringing together progress Mitch!  If Mitch and the offense can do that...than no matter how much of a bummer this season will be (if they do in fact mist the playoffs and I think they still have only like a 5% chance to make it), the arrow on this franchise will still be exciting.  

Huge final 3 games of the season for Mitch to build on things. One week at a time!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mitch is playing better, but he's still good for one "wtf??" INT per game. I can't say he played well vs the Giants throwing 2 INT in that game. 

I have no idea if he's turned a corner or it's a hot streak. And I don't think we can get an answer this year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

And since I've complained about Nagy all year, I will flat out say this was a really well called / executed game plan. Minimal penalties, so execution was nice, and most of the night I was kept off guard. We actually executed a few screens too.  Nice to see.  Hopefully Montgomery is okay.  Still waiting for a game or two where the D forces a ton of turnovers. Pass rush was significantly better today.  

• Like 1

What Trubisky has done the last few weeks is encouraging - under tremendous scrutiny and outside pressure, too. Moving him around, designed runs, throwing some deep passes (even a miss keeps the defense honest). A lot of the blame for this season has to go to Nagy's play calling. The mix of plays last night was great.

it would be nice if Nagy could design a play where Cohen caught the pass with his momentum going upfield rather than to the sidelines. It seems like half his receptions are two steps from the sideline, and he immediately runs or gets pushed out of bounds after he makes the catch.

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

You ever settle down to enjoy a win? Or you’re just begging to be miserable at all times?

Not really. Everything's always about the big picture with me when it comes to sports. The only time to settle down and enjoy the ride is during a long playoff run or after winning a title. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Not really. Everything's always about the big picture with me when it comes to sports. The only time to settle down and enjoy the ride is during a long playoff run or after winning a title. 

Everything is not big picture with you.  You blow small things out of proportion and try to make them about the big picture without considering everything in the picture 

case in point, the entire season last year,  Khalil mack this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Everything is not big picture with you.  You blow small things out of proportion and try to make them about the big picture without considering everything in the picture 

case in point, the entire season last year,  Khalil mack this year.

People have every right to b**** about Mack's performance. 

He's getting double teamed, not getting any help, yada yada. Quit making excuses. He's the highest paid defender in the NFL. Beat them. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

People have every right to b**** about Mack's performance. 

He's getting double teamed, not getting any help, yada yada. Quit making excuses. He's the highest paid defender in the NFL. Beat them. 

Thank you for proving the point 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Thank you for proving the point 

I have considered the entire picture, which is why I'm honing in on the important details. At this point, I know the playoffs are unrealistic so I want them to win as many games as possible so that the Raiders get a worse pick. I'm not going to argue the Mack trade anymore. 

In any event, why I'm confused about Trubisky is because I always thought it was going to take him longer to figure it out, which is also why it was a bad pick for the Bears. 

If he's really turning the corner right now, great. If he's on a hot streak we'll find out either the next 3 weeks or next season. 

I'm trying to not be an insufferable eeyore anymore. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

55 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Rams winning is terrible. Did not expect them to beat Seattle but it's looking likely at this point.

Reality is Bears aren’t making the playoffs. What matters most is Mitch continuing to make progress. That would be huge if it happens. 

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Reality is Bears aren’t making the playoffs. What matters most is Mitch continuing to make progress. That would be huge if it happens. 

Oh believe me I was on the "Bears aren't making the playoffs" wagon for weeks now. But I still wanted to see them give it a thrill with Minnesota who are notorious for choking.

Edited by SoxAce

On 12/6/2019 at 11:44 AM, Jack Parkman said:

So you really don't enjoy the sport just winning.  You cant just enjoy watching a game?

10 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

As long as Nagy continues to design plays that fit Trubiskey's strengths,  I think he'll be fine. If during the next game he has plays that only keep him in the pocket, it won't look good.